"Common" Diesel Fuel Line Size?

FishyInverness

www.gaelforcegroup.com
Probably the daftest of questions, but one i'm trying to uncover at the moment.

Is there a "typical" diameter of fuel line used on an inboard diesel? I had something at the back of my mind about 12mm or 1/2" but have been discussing it with a mechanic who seems to think it varies...is there a fuel line size for a "typical" installation?

rafiki_

Visit site
I really depends on which bit of the fuel system you need. Filler hose is big diameter. Hose to lift pump is a bit smaller, I think 14mm on Rafiki (CMD engines). Lines lift pump to filter smaller again, and to injectors tiny. This reflects supply rate and pressure.

kashurst

Visit site
just to confuse you - mine are 3/8" (10mm) feeding 63Ps. I think you will have to measure them, The flexible hoses should be marked with size and ISO ratings. don't risk same make and model of boat having the same size as manufacturers will swap and change depending on available bits at the time and what other boats they have in build.

aquapower

Visit site
Probably the daftest of questions, but one i'm trying to uncover at the moment.

Is there a "typical" diameter of fuel line used on an inboard diesel? I had something at the back of my mind about 12mm or 1/2" but have been discussing it with a mechanic who seems to think it varies...is there a fuel line size for a "typical" installation?

It should be calculated to suit the installation as different engines will have different flow rates, there is no "typical diameter"

FishyInverness

www.gaelforcegroup.com
Thanks, I was expecting that answer... :)

To be totally transparent, as distributor of the Purafiner product it's something the company I work for are looking into for the ideal Hose Barb/Compression fittings to supply alongside the filter body which goes inline between the fuel tank and water seperator filters, totally appreciate that it can vary, but I was just wondering if there was one diameter of hose used more than others in that area.