Combi plotter

zoidberg

Visit site
Anyone know anything about this...?

32186535378_acd8d73fd8_z.jpg

halb

Visit site
I've been looking at this unit, and am going to get one the 708a+ (ingernal gps) the unit price is $389 plus $60 delivery. If it's as good as the masutec unit it'll be very good, complete with the x-map, which looks as detailed as the Cmap. If you email onwa you'll get a fast response. Ebay and Amazon have been showing these witout charts for around £500, so there's a profit to make should you wish!

moomba

N/A
Visit site
I've been looking at this unit, and am going to get one the 708a+ (ingernal gps) the unit price is $389 plus $60 delivery. If it's as good as the masutec unit it'll be very good, complete with the x-map, which looks as detailed as the Cmap. If you email onwa you'll get a fast response. Ebay and Amazon have been showing these witout charts for around £500, so there's a profit to make should you wish!

there will be a customs charge for it to enter the UK so this will bump up your price, the post man will drop a note through your door and you have to pay up before they give it to you

maby

Visit site
It is cheap, but it appears to be only NMEA0183 - no NMEA2000 - so it is not going to play nicely with any other devices. If you are looking for a low cost, stand-alone plotter, then it may be interesting, but not part of an integrated system.

TSB240

Visit site
there will be a customs charge for it to enter the UK so this will bump up your price, the post man will drop a note through your door and you have to pay up before they give it to you

You could possibly avoid these charges by not using Parcelforce as your preferred courier and if the package is conveniently marked up sample only by the supplier.:encouragement:

maby

Visit site
Give that it has built-in AIS transceive, it is pretty cheap at the ebay or Amazon UK prices provided you don't want it to be part of an integrated solution - and you will have the backup of a UK supplier to grumble at if it breaks.

SiteSurfer

Visit site
It is cheap, but it appears to be only NMEA0183 - no NMEA2000 - so it is not going to play nicely with any other devices. If you are looking for a low cost, stand-alone plotter, then it may be interesting, but not part of an integrated system.

Assuming that you are not on a pre N2K system of course, in which case - it might fit really well... Not everyone has a modern system.

I have zero network on the boat but what I do have is a couple of Raymarine instruments which output ST1, a wheel pilot that takes 0183 and a SH 2100 which outputs AIS/GPS etc on 0183. No desire to replace stuff that already works but would be nice to have a chart plotter that allows me to hook it all up on to my (not yet installed) open plotter setup.

To replace all the above into N2K would be stupid expensive, so yes - as part of an integrated system - it could actually be useful.