Cockpit Storage Pockets

x25dave

Visit site
Hello, I am trying to source some retro fit storage pockets for the cockpit of my Nic 30. I have found some from the USA on ebay, but they will cost £100 each with tax and postage. Does any one here know someone who supplies these please? I am looking for the inset fiber glass type, to cut a hole in the back o my cockpit back rests, and fit them in. Perhaps with a bit of netting to keep stuff from falling out,

Regards Dave.

$(KGrHqMOKjEE3HtNSbPTBN6TKk(sSg--_26.jpg

VicS

Visit site
Dunno what you searched for but Google "cave lockers" if you haven't already

x25dave

Visit site
Thanks for that, that one is a lot larger than I was looking for, but it does give me a word to search "cave" thanks again

Seajet

Visit site
I have one of the Sheraton jobs, it's not huge, pretty much the same size as pukka ones fitted in the 1970's by Andersons and others.

One thing I have found - as the cockpit sides / coamings are sloped, a puddle forms in the lower back edge of the moulding / cave locker.

A quick sponge sorts this out, it would be possible to make some sort of drain but I haven't bothered.

One of several uses for the cave locker is to house the external VHF speaker out of the way.

x25dave

Visit site
Gentlemen, they are all ace, thank you.
I am sure that I will find a solution here.
It is simply knowing where to commence the search, and I knew that you guys would have done it before. :encouragement:

EdwardThirlwall

Visit site
Off topic, and sorry to ride on this thread, but has anybody tried those Chinese sites for shipping things in? I was looking for some cheap storage solution and someone recommended me a website that ships in Chinese-made items coz apparently they make everything!