Cobra 850 - what do know/think?

andyorr

Visit site
Hopefully moving up to 26/28 foot next year.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the BK version of this boat and possible alternatives.
Thanks
Andy Orr

G

Strongly Recommend!

That you take a look at the Cobra Seawolf Class Association Website. Go to www.cobra-seawolf.org.uk/
Currently there are three or four people asking the very same question that you are asking, and most answers to questions you may have will probably be there.
BTW We have a Bilge Keel 850, and she is a smashing family boat with a good sailing performance!

G

And so it should Ken!

Especially as they were both designed by David Feltham!

TimLamb

Visit site
There was an article recently about Cobra's in one of the mags., it was about the 1050 but mentiond the others too and was worth a read. Basically it praised them all.
Good luck.

Tim Lamb

G

Great boats...

Friend of mine has the long keel version. We have had five people aboard for a week with no fights, thanks to the roominess given by the fact that she has relatively high freeboard and is nicely beamy, sailed in everything up to a force 6 in comfort, and when motoring she'll almost go astern in the direction that you want her to go! The fittings are generally of a high standard. The engine can be a bit of a pig to get out if needs be (he changed his for a Lombardini), but is relatively easy to access for routine servicing, and you get a usable galley and a proper chart table with plenty of room on the bulkhead for instruments. The v berth is adequate, the double dinette berth is luxurious in respect of some other boats I've been on... In my opinion if you must have a platic boat (I'm a real wooden boat fan) then you could do an awful lot worse.