"Classic" boat insurance

ashley

Visit site
\"Classic\" boat insurance

Can anyone suggest compaines who will insure wooden boats.
Last time i tried i was quoted over £1000 but then decided to stay in France and pay £30 per month instead!
Have requirement to bring the boat back to the UK now and don't want to start paying through the nose as it's only just healed

Kristal

www.audnance.com
Re: \"Classic\" boat insurance

There are several companies that are quite reasonable, but you'd be hard pushed to insure anything nautical for under £400 in the UK. I pay just under £700 for my boat (1927 30' yawl in Teak, afloat in winter) per annum, and that wasn't easy to find - but that's more to do with my circumstances (1978 6'2 bloke in Media).

/<

ashley

Visit site

Oh Kristal you tease.

So you fail to mention WHO you are insured with. Is it one that can afford full page adverts in normal sailing press or a small independent?

aside, I thought I was possibly a bit old to own a classic boat but you have less years than me if your profile is true.

Finesse

Visit site

I have a timber Finesse 24, built in 1979 and insured with "Craftinsure.com" via the Internet. They are very competitive, about £12.00 per month I think and whilst I have yet to make a claim, seem fine. Hope this helps!

ashley

Visit site

hmm.
"Age of boat" question has stupmed me. It doesn'tt seem to have fields for boat ages greater than forty years old.
I require a filed that says "100-110 years"!!!

I'll be calling them though

Kristal

www.audnance.com

The truth is, I always get the name of my insurer wrong, and furthermore, I recently heard that they no longer insure classics, which is why I didn't mention them. However, I will check the paperwork as soon as I can find it - it resides at my parents' house along with anything that shouldn't get damp, and I haven't yet got around to carrying a copy on board (shocking, I know). Said parents are moving house, therefore the Dear alone knows where it is.

On the other hand, you thought you were too old for a classic? What on earth can my profile say to mislead you? I'm 27, but Her Ladyship is 78.

/<