Christmas Party

tcm

Visit site
Re: re-run sat 11th@my place anyone?

ooh no it's not towards the end of the show - it's towards the end!

Last day is sunday 12th, so sat 11th is fine for those who wanna go to show on sat, or on sunday and test holding tanks.

Ibis hotel in drury lane is staggerable. Earls court is tubeable (?). PM me for details, so we can keep the riffraff er in....

Best option is to have meal(s) at restaurants around and about the area, and meet up for after meal from 9:30 or 10 or whatever for dancing till dawn. There are lots of restaurants within a stones throw, and half dozen within the distance that you would need for a run-up.

NigeCh

Visit site
It\'s interesting that IRPCS doesn\'t cover this ...

If the prime means of propulsion under sail is backwards then what would happen in the Solent in the Area of Concern? I can't think of any light combination or set of day shapes that seem to cover this. And how would you comply with SOLAS V (1 July 2002 amendment) with a documented passage plan that would suit the MCA if it all went awry ???

bedouin

Visit site
Re: It\'s interesting that IRPCS doesn\'t cover this ...

I think signal flag 'D' would cover most situtations. However I think if you were steering then hoisting your initials "NC" would be far more appropriate :)

Endymion

Visit site
Hrrmmph!!!

For someone who claims to know Violetta and Myself, you will be well aware of the fact that neither of us acknowledge Christmas!

Besides which, you will have to persuade all the SB Southcoasters to try and find their way out of the Solent to come round to our luvverly mud flats!

Anyway, the game would have to be Mixed Mud Rugby ideally to be held on the flats of the Manningtree end of the Stour!

I will put my name down for Blind Side Wing Forward of the BYM team, I believe that Dave Beckett would enjoy the challenge of Loose Head Prop, Steve Cronin Tight Head Prop and of course the "lovely" Yvonne as Hooker!!!

The rest of the team still to be announced!

Endy

peterb

Visit site
Re: Very unfair...

If you're rammed by someone sailing backwards then you'll only see his stern light. That makes you an overtaking vessel under Rule 13(b) and you'll have to keep clear. Unlucky!

BrianJ

Visit site
What will the “Internationals do during the Christmas Party…? Most of us wont be able to make it, so once a time and date have been set, we will arrange our own party.. in most cases only one or two will attend, however why cannot we get full of beer and plum pud also. ?

No point in having a cricket or footie match as the Aussies would only win, then the Poms will get shitty, that’s no way to run a happy party.

So work out a date and time and all of us O/S will celebrate with you and tell amazing lies after the event
Hey what is London Apprentice..??
rianJ

ccscott49

Visit site
The London Apprentice, in Old Isleworth, is a great pub, right on the bank of the thames, with good grub, better beer and a friendly staff and atmosphere! Plus my mate lives opposite, which is handy!

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: hogmanay

He is most certainly a Scot, but badly anglicised at an early age, dragged kicking and screaming out of Scotland at the tender age of about 3 months! (hence the kicking and screaming!) Kidnapped by my Dartmouth mother! Dad was a Lt.colonel in the Queens own Cameron Highlanders, you do not get much more Scots' than that! Educated in Scotland for the main part.