Cherbourg Scuttlebutt September 2018

PhillM

Visit site
with PhillM to do the work

Hang on, what's all this about work? I thought I was the glamorous assistant :cool:

More seriously, I am very grateful for the invitation and looking forward to the trip as well as to meeting everyone over the occasional beer/wine.

actionoptics

www.actionoptics.co.uk
My wife is still managing to eat better when aided by a small glass of Kronenberg 1664 blanc.
Thanks to DJE , we have two boxes of 12 bottles which will last into the middle of October but
can I be cheeky and ask if anyone joining in the Scuttlebut Cherbourg cruise later this month who
would be returning to the Southampton area could bring back a few more boxes of 12, please.
I am of course happy to collect and reimburse the cost of the beer.
DJE/Dave found them in Carrefour.

Bobc

Visit site
There will be 4 of us on Island Alchemy this year. I will update the entry on the list now.

Bob

dom

Visit site
My wife is still managing to eat better when aided by a small glass of Kronenberg 1664 blanc.
Thanks to DJE , we have two boxes of 12 bottles which will last into the middle of October but
can I be cheeky and ask if anyone joining in the Scuttlebut Cherbourg cruise later this month who
would be returning to the Southampton area could bring back a few more boxes of 12, please.
I am of course happy to collect and reimburse the cost of the beer.
DJE/Dave found them in Carrefour.

Consider that done subject to supply. Could you pm me an idea of target qty and we will sort?

Wishing your wife all the best and Godspeed for her recovery.

Angele

Visit site
I received a timely chaser from L’Equipage (the restaurant) wanting me to advise numbers.

Angele - 2
BobC - 4
chrishscorp - 1
Chubby - 3 see below
Concerto - 1
Dom - 3 see below
DJE - 3
Jemini - 1
Jungle Jim - 3
KREW2 - 3
LadyInBed - 1
prv - 3
RadiumRob - 3
sailor211 - 1
Shamaya - 3
Tranona - 2 see below
Wizard - 2

The numbers for each of Chubby, Dom and Tranona each include one other forumite (being Topcat47, Giblets and PhillM).

Total 39 for the above. So I’m going to ask them to cater for 40.

Can each of Colhel, CPD and Horatio_Nelson please confirm/advise numbers? Not too late to make minor changes to the total up to one week beforehand.

The menu was back in post #55, and we all have to have the same. So, that is haddock and orange salad, chicken tournedos and apple pie with cinnamon ice cream all round. Just the one request (from Jungle Jim) for a non-meat main – I’ll ask for an alternative.

Last edited:

Jungle Jim

Visit site
Don't worry too much about the non-meat main, I've spoken to the (vegetarian) skipper and she's prepared to take one for the team, so to speak :D

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Sad news, the Lady is withdrawing.
A job that I thought would be finished isn't, so it doesn't make sense to lift in and then out again just to take her to Cherbourg.
On the positive side, if anyone wants an extra hand from Poole area I am willing and available.

Angele

Visit site
We are only two. I updated last week.

Which of the two trouble makers have you managed to leave behind? ;)

Very sorry but I will have to drop out, My elderly father is seriously ill

Very sorry to hear that. Hope he recovers.

Sad news, the Lady is withdrawing.

We'll miss you (unless you manage to cadge a lift).

I have clearance. Should establish numbers in next day or so - likely 1-3 ..........

:encouragement: If it were an increase in overall numbers, then I would probably need to know sooner. But, since we have lost Shamaya, chrishscorp and LiB and the new total will therefore be slightly lower, that buys us a bit longer. Could you let me know by Wednesday, ideally, but Thursday at the latest?

Still nothing heard from Horatio_Nelson or Colhel. :(

colhel

Visit site
Hiya, sorry for the delay in making a decision. I think seeing as the furthest we have been in our new boat is Lymington, I think it's wise to withdraw. I'm slowly working my way through a list of jobs which could be finished in time but I'd be happier once some longer passages have been achieved.

horatio_nelson

Visit site
Which of the two trouble makers have you managed to leave behind? ;)

Very sorry to hear that. Hope he recovers.

We'll miss you (unless you manage to cadge a lift).

:encouragement: If it were an increase in overall numbers, then I would probably need to know sooner. But, since we have lost Shamaya, chrishscorp and LiB and the new total will therefore be slightly lower, that buys us a bit longer. Could you let me know by Wednesday, ideally, but Thursday at the latest?

Still nothing heard from Horatio_Nelson or Colhel. :(

Still looking like I'll be there. Probably going to go alone - SH Channel crossing has been a little ambition of mine for a while. As things stand, I'm a yes and on my own. Things may change though!

Would like to sail with / near other boats if possible - who's going from Weymouth or Portland, and what day / time?

SimonFa, Krew2 and others, what are your plans?