Cherbourg Scuttlebutt September 2018

Angele

Visit site
Jungle Jim, the restaurant is suggesting fish or a veggie burger as a non-meat main. Can you ask your skipper which they would like please?

As no one else has requested a veggie option, I am assuming everyone else is a omnivore.

Angele

Visit site
Ok, having digested all of the comings and goings, I think this is the latest state of affairs:

Angele - 2
BobC - 4
Chubby - 3 (Mrs Chubby and Ms Chubby, not Topcat)
Concerto - 1
CPD - 1
Dom - 4 (including Topcat)
DJE - 3
Horatio_Nelson - 1
Jemini - 1
Jungle Jim - 4
KREW2 - 2
prv - 3
RadiumRob - 3
sailor211 - 1
Tranona - 3 (including philm and LiB)
Wizard - 2

I make that 38. Any errors or omissions?

chubby

www.flickr.com
Ok, having digested all of the comings and goings, I think this is the latest state of affairs:

Angele - 2
BobC - 4
Chubby - 3 (Mrs Chubby and Ms Chubby, not Topcat)
Concerto - 1
CPD - 1
Dom - 4 (including Topcat)
DJE - 3
Horatio_Nelson - 1
Jemini - 1
Jungle Jim - 4
KREW2 - 2
prv - 3
RadiumRob - 3
sailor211 - 1
Tranona - 3 (including philm and LiB)
Wizard - 2

I make that 38. Any errors or omissions?

just x 2 for chubby: mrs chubby only comes if the fast cat from pompey is running!

Jemini

Visit site
A great place to stop over but the seas off barfleur can give a rough time - strong wind v tide - I enjoy magasin Gosselin and his Cave - quality rather than quantity - I had to employ the local marine engineer this year as my alternator gave up after a rough ride from cherbourg - doubt I shall make it this time but ....

Topcat47

Visit site
Last time I was there, I burst a 12mm hose. Could not get a length anywhere in the town. had to jerry rig the engine cooling system until I got to Cherbourg; even then getting a meter of it was hard. I carry some with me all the time now.

Jungle Jim

Visit site
Jungle Jim, the restaurant is suggesting fish or a veggie burger as a non-meat main. Can you ask your skipper which they would like please?

As no one else has requested a veggie option, I am assuming everyone else is a omnivore.

The skipper will go with the fish option please :encouragement:

wizard

Visit site
A reminder for all participents: Do not forget to bring and display your Scuttlebutt flag so other boat owners can see where you are berthed and say hello. We are a very friendly bunch and definately do not bite! :cool:

prv

Visit site
A reminder for all participents: Do not forget to bring and display your Scuttlebutt flag so other boat owners can see where you are berthed and say hello. We are a very friendly bunch and definately do not bite! :cool:

...but don't let this alarm those who don't have one :)

Definitely a good point to look out for the tipsy mouse, though, whether or not you are flying your own. Cherbourg doesn't allocate berths, you just pick one, so keeping an eye out will let us group together instead of being spread all over.

Pete

Angele

Visit site
Cherbourg doesn't allocate berths, you just pick one, so keeping an eye out will let us group together instead of being spread all over.

Indeed. That said, it would be a good idea if we could commandeer the outer end (furthest from land) of Q pontoon for our pontoon festivities.....

.... or P for that matter.

Last edited:

Angele

Visit site
I've sent a list of boat names attending to Magali at Port Chantereyne. That will entitle you all to the usual rally discount on the berthing fee.

Unfortunately, it looks like Magali won't be there, because she is coming over to SIBS. But I'll make sure the marina staff have the list.

dom

Visit site
Indeed. That said, it would be a good idea if we could commandeer the outer end (furthest from land) of Q pontoon for our pontoon festivities.....

.... or P for that matter.

I’ll try to squeeze in somewhere close if possible (dep P’mouth Thu eve). Will also fly an additional 3x yellow smiley face flags off backstay for the hard of sight or simoly inebriated ;)

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
There is some doubt about our third crew member. If we are two-handed we will probably leave early on Friday. If three up we may cone overnight on Thursday evening.