Cheapest /least time to get to Preveza from Auchterarder viaGlasgow

catmandoo

The Earth but normally in the place of the high st
Visit site
I can use my free bus pass to get from Gleneagles bus stop to Glasgow airport dodging a few pheasants and red deer on the way but have failed in my internet searches there after .(Dont ask me how I get to Gleneagles bus stop from Auchterarder )

I can then get to Gatwick or Manchester by air / train but then this means an overnight sleep on the air port floor using SWIMBO as a Pillow ( not so easy these days when your over 65.).

I have also heard that it takes 5 hours by bus from Athens if you get the right bus

Any body got any better experience on the cheapest shortest time period. I have not got the Gatwick price below £150 in mid June /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

boguing

Visit site
Re: Cheapest /least time to get to Preveza from Auchterarder viaGla

Olympic fly from Athens to Preveza daily. If you do London to Athens with Olympic the connection usually works out with no big delay.

hilaryjane

Visit site
Sailing Holidays have flights £115 one way Gatwick to Preveza 24th June. Also bus from Athens is ok but quicker to go to Levkas and get a taxi to Preveza. It's an airconditioned coach and you get a refreshment break. Good luck with it.

lille_bee

Visit site

Have you looked into flying XL.com from Glasgow to Corfu, then ferry to Igoumenitsa (12 euros p.p. if my memory serves me correctly), then taxi to Preveza (70 euros)?

paulrae

Visit site

Having flown to Preveza a few times in the past, we've not been able to fly from Glasgow. Flights have always been early morning from Manchester or Gatwick. The Glasgow/Corfu/Igoumenitsa/Preveza route would be my favourite. Regular ferries, and the Cofu ferry terminal is near the airport, apparently.

Good luck.

nigelhudson

calculuscontracts.co.uk
I did the trip to Lefkas in 2001. It was out of season and therefore no direct flights to Preveza. I had my son with me who was then 13 yrs old.

We flew to Athens arriving in the early morning and took a bus to the centre which was inexpensive. We then took a taxi to the bus station which is on the ring-road - this was a rip-off but we didn't have much choice. The bus to Lefkas did take just over five hours with only one short stop but it was reasonable and fairly comfortable. The return journey was the exact opposite but we arrived in Athens during the day so the taxi was reasonable.

Obviously if you can get a direct flight to the area you are going to be better off but going via Athens is a budget option.