Cheap Laminator

lustyd

Visit site
Hi all, I thought some of you may be interested to hear that Staples currently have an A4 laminator for £9.99. These are very useful for boaty docs which need to survive the damp. I've also used mine to make sailing school style laminated reusable tidal curves for local ports. For this I did a screen grab from the online almanac - anyone worked out how to print from it?
Cheers
Dave
EDIT: forgot to mention this isn't on the website so you'll have to go to the store

Last edited:

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Another use for laminators is making car no plates for trailers. Big black letters on a yellow card, laminate & staple to lighting board, or put in rear window of caravan. Will last a couple of years of outdoor abuse - usually longer than they are needed.

Also good for emergency VHF user instructions etc.

lustyd

Visit site
Thanks guys, I worked out how to print using a screen grab (use built in Snip on Windows 7, much easier). What I was curious about was a print function within the app :)
Cheers
Dave

mcframe

Visit site
Hi all, I thought some of you may be interested to hear that Staples currently have an A4 laminator for £9.99. These are very useful for boaty docs which need to survive the damp. I've also used mine to make sailing school style laminated reusable tidal curves for local ports.

At the risk of sounding like a Viz top-tip:

Cut up last years almanac (err, or the year before the year before) to make some handy pilotage chartlets for nearby-places-that-you-don't-visit-that-often.

I also laminate the Chi tide tables cut from the annual booklet - clipped above the chart table.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
At the risk of sounding like a Viz top-tip:

Cut up last years almanac (err, or the year before the year before) to make some handy pilotage chartlets for nearby-places-that-you-don't-visit-that-often.

I also laminate the Chi tide tables cut from the annual booklet - clipped above the chart table.

Yup, I have photo-copied tide tables magnified up to A4 & laminated them. You can read them from the other end of the cockpit without glasses!