Cheap Flotilla holiday

ShaunG

Visit site
We need some some sun for this years holiday. We have had the last 2 years cruising at home without a lot of sucess due to the poor weather. Don't want to risk it again this year although the signs are good

Has anyone come across any very good deals for a flotilla for a week in mid august, pretty poor at the moment and only 2 of us which seems to kill us on price

thanks

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
The trouble with August is that it's absolutely peak season because of the School Holidays. If you can go before mid July or after the beginning of September you will probably halve your cost. If that's impossible, then there are usually one or two last minute deals on offer but it's disconcerting to have the time booked off work and nothing sorted out.

Sailing Holidays always get an excellent press on here, though I have no direct experience of using them, so maybe it's better to swallow hard and get out your chequebook, to ensure that you return with good memories. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chris505

Visit site
I agree with Stewart0000 a Jag 27 is good value for 2 people. We have been with Sailing Holidays quite a few times with no complaints and have booked for September this year as August is SO SO hot.

Scotty_Tradewind

Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat, Galicia NW Spain
Visit site
don't go into the med especially Greece and Turkey in August... 'It's too darn hot!"

I had a perfectly brilliant holiday ruined some 9 years ago due to this.
If you go to this area then no later than 20th of July and then wait til Sept is my advice.
Problem is School and Hol's regarding August etc.?
Always been my problem when the kids were young and when I was a teacher too, very expensive.
best of luck....

Pasarell

Visit site
I'm back this morning after 2 weeks with Odysseus in the Ionian. Absolutely fantastic!
We had a Dromor 32 - called Odysseus 32 on their website. Coming to the end of their charter lives but exceptionally good value for money and couldn't fault the Odysseus people.
We booked about 3 weeks before leaving and the deal was very good
Saw lots of Sailing holiday boats too and they all seemed to be having a good time.
Odysseus operate from Palairos, just south of Levkas and from Gouvia just north of Corfu town. Definitely worth checking them out

cloud

Visit site
Pasarell,

Agree with your comments re Odysseus. We had James (skipper) and Kate (Hostess), both A1.

Pasarell

Visit site
Met James and Kate when we arrived and both very nice. We had Greg and Vanessa leading our flotilla and all boats were full of praise for them both.