charts

G

Seeking advise on charts for Bay of Biscay, Belle Ile area. Which are preferable for cruising,British Admiralty or Imray?

<hr width=100% size=1>

temptress

gbr195t.com
Hi,

As well as crusing trhe area I do deliveries from the MED to the UK (and other places).

Buy the French charts FROM any newsagent in FRANCE - they are much much better that the UK ones and a lot cheaper. There are several types and most have one chart on one side and a second chart on the other side. Once you get used to them they are great.

I have to admit that I use the IMRAY biscay passage chart for PASSAGE planning and plotting each time I cross.

Although if you have time crusing round the insode of BISACY is fantastic - there are lots of great places to visit and hundreds of good anchorages. Only problem are the firing ranges near the French/Spanish border (look in reeds for details) as you can only realistically transit these at night. it's not difficult just a pain!

Good crusing,

Temptress Of Down

<hr width=100% size=1>Temptress of Down

G

Thanks for the info. Part of our crew will be French locals and I will assuure they bring the suggested charts aboard.

Safe Sailing

Nitrox

<hr width=100% size=1>