Chart Corrections

Escapeii

Visit site
Just discovered http://www.nmwebsearch.com. An excellent web site for discovering which notices to mariners apply to your collection of charts, and to quickly download the same.
My apologies if most of you has been using the site since Noah was a lad, but I'm sure there are still a few folk who will be glad to discover the site.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gelfi

Visit site
Try the back pages of Practical Boat Owner, most of them are there.

<hr width=100% size=1>The only way to go is by water

davidwf

Visit site
Its OK unless you want to update a Chart Folio, then its a complete pain as you cannot simply search on the folio / chart number. You have to search on each chart that folio was derrived from. They claim that they are going to upgrade the search facility to allow for this but they've been saying that for over a year now.

Personally I won't buy any more Folios from Admiralty untill they sort this mess out.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Birdseye

Visit site
at the last meeting i went to with UKHO, they made it quite clear that they have no intention of providing an update service for the folios. you are expected to replace them , like the small craft series, when they are updated every year.

if you are one of the less than 10% who do try to update theri charts, it can be done from the data provided for the full charts. but that again is tedious if you have more than a few.

<hr width=100% size=1>