CG66 - It seems to work

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
Got a phone call from Brixham Coastguard last night asking if I could verify the location of my boat. Apparently they had a vessel with the same name adrift on their patch. Luckily we had only left the boat on her mooring in Portsmouth a couple of hours previously so could be sure it wasn't ours.

It's nice to know the CG66 is used and could be of benefit. Have you sent one off yet?

Manuel

N/A
Visit site
Got a phone call from Brixham Coastguard last night asking if I could verify the location of my boat. Apparently they had a vessel with the same name adrift on their patch. Luckily we had only left the boat on her mooring in Portsmouth a couple of hours previously so could be sure it wasn't ours.

It's nice to know the CG66 is used and could be of benefit. Have you sent one off yet?

Yes, but which anorak decided to call the scheme "CG66"?

theduke

Visit site
Well, my update wouldn't accept a picture - well within size requirements - it just kept telling me to provide a file name - despite selecting the file via their browse option.:mad:

I had the same problem. I still havent found the way around this problem, so hopefully someone will be along soon to tell use we are going wrong?

SimbaDog

Visit site
Well, my update wouldn't accept a picture - well within size requirements - it just kept telling me to provide a file name - despite selecting the file via their browse option.:mad:

Just updated mine, had trouble with picture as well, they emailed me & asked me to email back with the picture :)

Just out of interest, does anyone know if the coastwatch stations have access to the info?

dukes4monny

Visit site
I had the same problem. I still havent found the way around this problem, so hopefully someone will be along soon to tell use we are going wrong?

Same problem here too. I've tried using Firefox and IE with no success. It looks like it's poor website design. I've e-mailed them and await their reply.

mparrish

Visit site

I updated mine last week - had exactly the same problem with photo when using Firefox, but eventually got it to upload when using IE. Not the best designed web pages around !

janda

Visit site
Had same problem using firefox and IE, Then got the Email asking for photo and then a letter asking to update my paper submitted CG66 ... so I guess I now have two CG66 on file!
Finally Falmouth rang yesterday to say there was a delay in confirming registration of a PLB registered 10 July & I would not get a reply for several more weeks!

dukes4monny

Visit site
Just got an e-mail from Simon on their IT helpdesk saying that he had added my photo.
Apparently the website was originally created to work with IE6 and this feature is not working well with other browsers.
They are currently working to solve the problem.

Dave

EastYachty

Visit site
Yes, but which anorak decided to call the scheme "CG66"?

Manuel in answer to your question all Coastguard forms and publications are numbered so CG66 is just the number of the form, but also known as the small craft safety identification scheme.

EastYachty

Visit site
Just updated mine, had trouble with picture as well, they emailed me & asked me to email back with the picture :)

Just out of interest, does anyone know if the coastwatch stations have access to the info?

No the coastwatch stations don't have access to the CG66 info, each MRCC can access all the national records.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Hi ianfr

I'm not sure if you have got your photo problem sorted but if you want to email me at bev.allen@mcga.gov.uk or CG66enquiries@mcga.gov.uk I will be more than happy to sort it out.

Likewise, anyone who has any queries please let me know.

Bev
National CG66 Liaison Officer

Well done, Bev. Excellent customer service. I have now also sent you an e-mail with the photo I failed to update. You are a credit to the MCA. Steve K

Gin

Visit site

I,too, had a similar problem and I can't quite remember how I fixed it but it took multiple attempts to reduce the size of the file without success- I think,eventually, I reduced the picture to a thumbnail and then it worked