Censorship again

JohnR

Visit site
Now I am only posting this because you ignored me at two shows <g> your MBM team tramped all over the boat and didn't even offer me a photograph at the end of the day - whilst MBY absolutely refused on grounds of copyright.

Since those of us who only pop into this forum when we are not playing with our boats how can we be expected to know what is or is not acceptable unless you leave the unacceptable on a board for us to learn from?

Support American Boating Magazines - they are cheap these days.

<hr width=100% size=1>

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
365 posts...

.....is a helluva lot of posts for someone who just "pops in"!

I personally think that Kim does an excellent job in keeping this forum on an even keel. The problem is that many people forget that this forum is owned by IPC, therefore they are perfectly entitled to do what they like.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.FairlineOwnersClub.com>Fairline Owners Club</A>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: 365 posts...

Problem is. Kim does an excelent job. Just dont know when he's beaten. Like most of us.

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue>Specializing in marine sanitation since 1997.<font color=red> I'm a volunteer!!.<font color=blue>

Haydn

kindredspirit

www.begleys.com
I think Kim is extraordinarily patient.

If I was a moderator, I wouldn't put up with some of the drivel and rantings.

Remember its an IPC site. Full stop.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.begleys.com/kevin/weather.htm>Weather & other useful links for Irish waters.</A>

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
A little pruning...

...my gran told me, is good for the roses. Personally anything I touch in the garden dies, so i didn't inherit her green fingers.

I think the 'Censorship again' heading more than a touch unrepresentative though -- for example you have never made it into the hall of fame (but please don't take that as encouragement). This isn't a newsgroup or a closed room, it is public-facing, we do want (for which read 'need') people to be attracted to use these facilities for them to continue to exist on a free-to-use basis and for that reason there is very occasional moderation of posts.

Of the 336,038 posts made on ybw forums to-date since May 2001 just 5224 (1.5 per cent) of posts have made their way into the suspended area for reasons that include commercial ads, legal issues, abuse of users, issues regarding taste, user requests to delete posts after one hour and so on. Of the 1.5 per cent about a third only are the actual problem posts -- the rest are posts within the thread structure that get vacuumed into the void along with the rest, either because they cannot be unpicked from the bad stuff, because it would make no sense to do so or (more likely than not) because I haven't got time to do it.

As for what is acceptable, well the Ts and Cs and forum rules you signed up to give you a clue. I'm never far away to fill in the blanks. Links can be found towards the foot of each page.

Here endeth the censorship report.

As for the ignoring you bit, well, ummm...I'm a bit stuck on that one. Tell me where I went wrong, here, in full spendiforous uncensored ybw widescreen technicolour and I'll work it out from there (without canning the post).

Oh yes, out of interest how many American boating magazine journalists visited your boat to discuss their plans for North European coverage? Fascinated to know....

<hr width=100% size=1>

lanason

Visit site
Do we infer from the post that you are a manufacturer or broker of boats - then?

Do we infer that you own a boat ??

Do we infer that you intend to push the limits of acceptability ??

Do we infer that you like to read the "unacceptable" as some form of closet entertainment ??

I seem to be inferring more than you actually say.

Actually - dont answer my speculations, cus Kim and others have said it all above and you will only reveal your hand and get sin binned.

<hr width=100% size=1>Adrian <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/kelisha>Kelisha</A> I never snub anyone accidentally

Nick2

Visit site
Oi leave Kim alone - he is a great guy and does a superb but often difficult job here.

So there.......!!!!!!!!

Nick

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://arweb.co.uk/argallery/Nick2>http://arweb.co.uk/argallery/Nick2</A>

ArthurWood

Visit site
American boating magazines? The popular ones a should be cheaper/forums/images/icons/smile.gif And why is it that articles are spread over umpteen pages so one has turn to page x, then to page y etc, invariably thro' a load of unnumbered pages? Grump, grump..

<hr width=100% size=1>

Blue_Blazes

Visit site
Re: A little pruning...

."..my gran told me, is good for the roses"

So is well rotted cattle manure, a comodity that has been abundant on this forum of late.

Bill.

<hr width=100% size=1>One of these days I'll have a boat that WORKS

JohnR

Visit site

I can only assume that bad taste occurs in this forum the day before I log on every few months, for over the last year there always seems to be someone hanging on the gibbet when I look in to see what news there is and who is doing what. All the bad taste politically incorrect jokes seem to have disappeared. No one seems to be slagging off the RYA, MCA, the Government or IPC these days. Fuel additatives have died a death.

Passage Maker and something called MBM

And I think your young lady on the stand must shred my cards that indicate where free booze might be had.

<hr width=100% size=1>

lanason

Visit site

May I suggest that you start a few threads your self (and not about ISP's or diamond cutting discs).

Perhaps the Aluetion 64 may be a good - is it yours ??

<hr width=100% size=1>Adrian <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/kelisha>Kelisha</A> Nothing is better than a Holiday

petem

Totally agree. Aluetion 64 got fab write ups. Instead of moaning about this forum perhaps yuo could tell us what it's like to own a boat that most of us can only dream of.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.FairlineOwnersClub.com>Fairline Owners Club</A>

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Twerp can only talk about wot he's used to. So can you and me. Now tell me wat you been up to recently.

<hr width=100% size=1> <font color=blue>Specializing in marine sanitation since 1997.<font color=red> I'm a volunteer!!.<font color=blue>

Haydn

lanason

Visit site

Please clarify that the "Twerp" refers to JohnR and not me, I would hate anyone to be under the wrong impression.

Anyway you know IF it did refer to me - I'd bring my saddle and 12 bore up to your house and ride off into the sunset on Harry. Always faniced being John Wayne.
"Get off your donkey and milk your cow" (artistic licence applied for) /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Adrian <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/kelisha>Kelisha</A> Nothing is better than a Holiday

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Cant remember now. Probably you. Dont want to offend some one I dont know.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Yes. I enjoy the feeling of grandure and one up manship riding Harry. It makes you feel quite superior.

Haydn

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Ahem, ladies...

Less of the twerp stuff, ta.

Appreciate the vote of confidence but am happy for John to express his spin on things.

Have had a PM that, if nothing else, illustrates I need to sort the stand staff out next time around as I appear to have done a pretty comprehensive job of ignoring messages (and missing out on a spin on John's boat, more's to the point)

<hr width=100% size=1>

petem

Actually I was up your neck of the woods last weekend. Can't remember exactly where you live but I was painting the town red in Great Harwood. Jolly good time had by all.