Cello C22EFF 22" Traveller TV

brians

Visit site
Thinking of buying the above as it ticks most boxes and is much cheaper than the equivalent Avtex. The TV will be run on 12V for 95% of the time.

Does anyone have experience, good or bad, of this set in marine use?

PaulRainbow

Visit site
No experience, but perhaps an alternative :

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...s/samsung-t24e310-24-led-tv-10127019-pdt.html

I have one on the boat running on 240v at the moment, but it's 14v so may run straight from the 12v systems. I've just purchased a DC-DC convertor for about £3 which will give it a stable 14v supply. Very nice TV/monitor, i have my laptop connected to it via HDMI and the sound is through a Samsung soundbar (also 14v).

yotter

Me Inverkip, boat Kip in winter, Craobh in summer
Visit site
I have a Cello 12 volt TV. I am very pleased with it. However, it did fail at one point, fixed by a new inverter board was provided by Cello, I believe the failure was due to the fact that my mains charger and alternator both output closer to 15 volts than 12 volts. So, use a stabilised supply, they are not expensive.
Angus

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Why pay a premium for a 12v TV that requires a stabilised power supply, when you can buy a 14v Samsung or a 19v LV for a lot less money ?

maxi77

Visit site
Why pay a premium for a 12v TV that requires a stabilised power supply, when you can buy a 14v Samsung or a 19v LV for a lot less money ?

Partly because it also has a DVD player, it will work across Europe something some cheap UK TVs will not manage as I have found out. Mine came with a voltage stabiliser but I suspect that if your 12V system is working correctly it will not need it just like many other low voltage TVs. I have had one and they are decent TVs in my opinion, not as good as Avtex but cost less

jakeroyd

Visit site
Excuse my ignorance of these things but how do you obtain the signal ? Do you have a separate aerial or satellite dish ?

If you are talking about the TVman device I gave a link to.
It's a tiny digital TV receiver which sends a wifi signal to an android or apple device.

You have to download the TVMan application from either Google Play or the Apple appstore.

For me works fine , viewing time about 4 hrs per charge.

It also is able to tune to programmes worldwide not just the UK.

Oldfellah

Visit site
If you are talking about the TVman device I gave a link to.
It's a tiny digital TV receiver which sends a wifi signal to an android or apple device.

You have to download the TVMan application from either Google Play or the Apple appstore.

For me works fine , viewing time about 4 hrs per charge.

It also is able to tune to programmes worldwide not just the UK.

Thanks for that info.

double_ender

Visit site
We have had the 19 inch version for. About 3 yrs, and it is really excellent . Good picture, has DVD drive. And uses remarkably little current at 12 v, about an amp or less. It's fixed by swivel bracket on a bulkhead .

Malcolm