Cardiff Centre Pontoons on River Taff

sb99

Visit site
Are we allowed to use the various pontoons on the river taff particularly the ones in cardiff town centre (Drop Off/PIck Up only) or are they reserved for the river buses only? Just thinking very handy for christmas shopping.

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Well....it's now £2 per hour plus you can't stay overnight. (unless you leave early before the patrol boat nicks you.)

graham

Visit site
Unless they have changed it again on the mermaid quay pontoons its £2 for the first hour then £1 every hour thereafter.

The "city center" pontoons being talked about are the ones up the river Taff by the millenium center which arent accesible to yachts due to the height of the flyover bridge near Cardiff YC.

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Or even if you heel over (as i did in dinghy ) you won't get past the other bridges. If you take mobo up you can't pay to tie up but sure it's ok to quickly drop off. well i do!

graham

Visit site
I asked the harbour authority for the airdraught of the first bridge once but didnt get an answer. Unfortunately the highest bit is out of the deep water channel where there are rumoured to be obstructions in the water. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I suppose you could leave the boat at CYC with their permission then go up in the tender.

Thought you would be over the club for the jumble now? Im off over in a minute.

graham

Visit site
Correction to my post.I meant to say "by the Millenium Stadium" not "by the Millenium center."

Sorry for any confusion.

graham

Visit site
Did I spell it right? I know Cardiff City Council had to bin all the street signs after ordering them with m....... spelt wrong /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif