Cannes Boat Show

MapisM

Visit site
Looks like a windy night to be at anchor, though i'm sure BA will take it in her stride.
Yep, windy night it is for sure.
Aside from my previous joke above, I just woke up to have a look around, 'cause the mistral is indeed still blowing worryingly, in spite of the forecasts according to which it should have calmed down a bit after midnight.
So far so good, BA is behaving exactly as you envisaged.
And I'm very glad she does, because I wouldn't fancy a night slalom between all other boats surrounding us... :eek:
Below is a snapshot of the AIS-transmitting boats alone which are surrounding us (there are actually many others).
The most westerly one is a gorgeous SL 122 which grabbed the best spot of the bay before we arrived, but we are just behind her.
Returning to bed now... :)
Theoule_zps9a5c1071.jpg

Den100

Visit site
It was windy last night, we arrived late evening and after a few drinks in the hotel bar went for a walk along the front only to see a 35 ft ish yacht on the beach with waves breaking over her side, obviously their anchor did not hold as well as MapisM's

MapisM

Visit site
Morning all. For those out and about this early morning in Bays of Cannes, a pro friend is moving An Endurance from Antibes to La Rague on one engine and jury-rigged steering
From where we are (still) anchored, we can see the La Rague marina entrance pretty well.
What sort of Endurance is it exactly?

@ Den100: actually it was the anchor on BA (BartW boat) which did its job perfectly tonight for us.
Sorry to hear of the accident, anyway. It's easy to guess that on the other side of the bay, on top of the strong wind, they must have had some waves contributing to pitching and hence pulling the chain/anchor.
I wouldn't have wanted to stay at anchor last night (unless well sheltered, as we were) in anything less than a big superyacht...

StewartC

www.mby.com
looking forward to going to the Cannes show next week, have been the last two years and really enjoyed it great weather, loads of boats you never see in the UK plus the all the other bits to admire, usually two legged !!

Anyone else going?

Hugo is there at the moment and has been snapping away. If you're interested, you can see a gallery of boats here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.621543551221799.1073741887.200367926672699&type=1

We'll be adding some more this morning.

jfm

Visit site
Sorry to be slow reponding on here to this and to threads generally - I've been busy cruising and at the Cannes show

The Cannes show is fantastic and well worth a visit. Anyone not doing anything this weekend would be well advised to jump on a plane and visit.

BartW and the BA posse: your tender Q is interesting :). Of course the official answer is "no" but for the last 3-4 years I have entered the show from the sea by 5m RIB and just not made eye contact with any security guys and had no problem. I have had exhibitor passes on me, if questioned, but I never got questioned. The tricky part is where to tie the RIB once you get in. I have tied to the Fairline stand or my own boat (in 2011) but you can't really do that without a special invitation. Canados have a stand on the right as you enter the port - surely they will let you park your RIB? If Canados will not help you I will try to fnd you a slot close to Match on Friday PM, Saturday or Sunday, if you wish. Let me know. I will be there then but I'm in London today and tomorrow. Text me when you will arrive, if it coincides with my visit

The Fairline stand and Match are the most glamorous things at the show: see proof below, taken about an hour ago :D :D
cannesshow2013.jpg

rafiki_

Visit site
Sorry to be slow reponding on here to this and to threads generally - I've been busy cruising and at the Cannes show

The Cannes show is fantastic and well worth a visit. Anyone not doing anything this weekend would be well advised to jump on a plane and visit.

BartW and the BA posse: your tender Q is interesting :). Of course the official answer is "no" but for the last 3-4 years I have entered the show from the sea by 5m RIB and just not made eye contact with any security guys and had no problem. I have had exhibitor passes on me, if questioned, but I never got questioned. The tricky part is where to tie the RIB once you get in. I have tied to the Fairline stand or my own boat (in 2011) but you can't really do that without a special invitation. Canados have a stand on the right as you enter the port - surely they will let you park your RIB? If Canados will not help you I will try to fnd you a slot close to Match on Friday PM, Saturday or Sunday, if you wish. Let me know. I will be there then but I'm in London today and tomorrow. Text me when you will arrive, if it coincides with my visit

The Fairline stand and Match are the most glamorous things at the show: see proof below, taken about an hour ago :D :D
cannesshow2013.jpg

Is this the cleaning crew? ;)

Tender_aft

Switzerland and Rio (Boat in the hallway, outboard
Visit site

cannesshow2013.jpg

Which one are you JFM?

Portofino

Visit site
It's calmed down last 2 days -I,ve been out entertaining friends all week ,but managed to see the show on Wednesday courtesy of SS.
Out of 10 I would score Cannes 9.5 ,SIBS 4 and London 2 .
It's the first time we have done Cannes ,won,t waste time with the UK shows from now on.
Plan to revisit Sunday ( cos one day is not really enough time )

BartW

www.amptec.be
It's calmed down last 2 days -I,ve been out entertaining friends all week ,but managed to see the show on Wednesday courtesy of SS.
Out of 10 I would score Cannes 9.5 ,SIBS 4 and London 2 .
It's the first time we have done Cannes ,won,t waste time with the UK shows from now on.
Plan to revisit Sunday ( cos one day is not really enough time )

must have crossed again then, we were there wednesday from 1400 untill 1900
and plan is to go there sunday again (from 1400 ish..)

agree, this show is really worth a visit

now on anker in Villefranche bay

Den100

Visit site
Sat having breakfast overlooking Cannes bay and wondering where to visit today as we've a car for the day. Been to the show for a couple of days and Monaco yesterday, any recommendations ?