Cannes Boat Show

EME

www.lumishore.com
Sat having breakfast overlooking Cannes bay and wondering where to visit today as we've a car for the day. Been to the show for a couple of days and Monaco yesterday, any recommendations ?

Personally ... I would (am ) going back to the show. So much I still havent seen. .. Ideas .. Grasse -- Parfumerie; Route Napoleon for stunning drive ( if combined with Gorges du Verdon even better); one of the old hilltop villages - Auribeau, Tourettes sur Loup or St Paul de Vence (last is tourist trap) . Iles des Lerins (cannes ) by ferry and visit the monastery / wine tasting ....

Den100

Visit site
Personally ... I would (am ) going back to the show. So much I still havent seen. .. Ideas .. Grasse -- Parfumerie; Route Napoleon for stunning drive ( if combined with Gorges du Verdon even better); one of the old hilltop villages - Auribeau, Tourettes sur Loup or St Paul de Vence (last is tourist trap) . Iles des Lerins (cannes ) by ferry and visit the monastery / wine tasting ....

I would love to go back to the show and given the choice I would but the wife has other ideas, thanks for your suggestions.

Tender_aft

Switzerland and Rio (Boat in the hallway, outboard
Visit site
Sat having breakfast overlooking Cannes bay and wondering where to visit today as we've a car for the day. Beenoverlooking Cannes bay and wondering where to visit today as we've a car for the day. Been to the show for a couple of days and Monaco yesterday, any recommendations ?

Find a good vide grenier/brocante to go to:
http://vide-greniers.org/agendaDepartement.php?departement=06

I went to a good one in antibes last week near Marineland. Needed a couple of golf clubs as I was going to a driving range and bought more thanhalf a set for €5. There were loads of antiques there and good food too. That was Sunday though. The Brocante will certainly be open on Saturday though.

Portofino

Visit site
Just drive W along the bay - follow coast rd round the Esterel mountains
Different perspective to SoF - away from hustle / bustle ?
When you are ready turn arround -swap drivers

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Just drive W along the bay - follow coast rd round the Esterel mountains
Different perspective to SoF - away from hustle / bustle ?
When you are ready turn arround -swap drivers

or keep going to St Tropez, though you can also go by ferry from Cannes so could do this another day when you don't have the car.

In the other direction, Eze Village is also nice (but touristy), and could take the coast road back round to Nice and stop in at Beaulieu, St Jean or Villefranche

Den100

Visit site
Decided to drive round the coast to StTropez thanks for the suggestions. Not looking forward to coming home tomorrow. Thanks for ur suggestions

scubaman

Visit site
Not that I have been to too many international shows, but i did find Cannes pretty special. The climate, the glamour and the wide variety of stunning boats on display make you just want to hang around there forever. Btw, I thought the Fairline ladies walzing around barefoot was a nice touch and gave a laid back edge to the classy surroundings.

Match was right at home and every bit as amazing as I thought she would be.

Also having spent a few days exploring the popular spots around the area I can fully understand why some people wish to do their boating there. Absolutely fabulous.

EME

www.lumishore.com
I think that was the best Cannes show that I've been to --- and that must go back 15 or so years. The sheer number of boats of all sizes ( albeit very very few super yachts with Monaco just around the corner), a boat show that is worth putting on for longer if that were practical. The US manufacturers were definitely not particularly well represented but at least Searay, Carver and a few others were there. Shame is unless thaye start using Port Canto as well for new boats I dont know where else the organisers can go. The 'Big 3' motor Brits were pretty well represented... I think they had 31 boats on-water display between them but that pales into insignificance with the numbers from the Ferretti group, Azimut, Jeanneau/Beneteau group etc.

So many new boats to look at but the Astondoa is certainly different -- although it did remind me of the Bavaria BMW or whatever it was called and I have no idea where you hang fenders from in the real world.

If the number of folks traipsing over the Azi Magellano 53 is anything to go by there definitely is a move to SD craft. The French and Italians are years ahead of us though.

Best thing in the show? Managed to get 2 rib rides which left me grinning (or was it fear ?) for 24 hours afterwards --- JFM will undoubtedly show some piccies later. Also really amazed by the Fairline Targa 62's quiet, smooth, powerful ride. No rattles there despite a big old swell.

Only shame is that it has finished.

Last edited:

MYAG

Visit site
I think that was the best Cannes show that I've been to --- and that must go back 15 or so years. The sheer number of boats of all sizes ( albeit very very few super yachts with Monaco just around the corner), a boat show that is worth putting on for longer if that were practical. The US manufacturers were definitely not particularly well represented but at least Searay, Carver and a few others were there. Shame is unless thaye start using Port Canto as well for new boats I dont know where else the organisers can go. The 'Big 3' motor Brits were pretty well represented... I think they had 31 boats on-water display between them but that pales into insignificance with the numbers from the Ferretti group, Azimut, Jeanneau/Beneteau group etc.

So many new boats to look at but the Astondoa is certainly different -- although it did remind me of the Bavaria BMW or whatever it was called and I have no idea where you hang fenders from in the real world.

If the number of folks traipsing over the Azi Magellano 53 is anything to go by there definitely is a move to SD craft. The French and Italians are years ahead of us though.

Best thing in the show? Managed to get 2 rib rides which left me grinning (or was it fear ?) for 24 hours afterwards --- JFM will undoubtedly show some piccies later. Also really amazed by the Fairline Targa 62's quiet, smooth, powerful ride. No rattles there despite a big old swell.

Only shame is that it has finished.

Looks like I missed a great show, might see you in Ft Lauderdale?