Can You Identify these Burgees

glashen

Visit site
Burgees_zps7eaa4219.jpg

Like many Sailing Clubs we have Burgee's up in the clubroom, which we are at present refurbishing, the 9 in the image above I can't identify, any ideas.

TSB240

Visit site
Your starter for one is A is possibly the Royal Anglsey YC But colours are inverted it is usually a red Dragon on a blue background.

chinita

Visit site
Your starter for one is A is possibly the Royal Anglsey YC But colours are inverted it is usually a red Dragon on a blue background.

On the basis of that answer, C is possibly the Portuguese Caravelle and Spitfire Fighter Owners Association.

But probably not, as it does not exist.

G is possibly the Finnish Boatbuilders Drinking Club

Downsman

Visit site
I would say that A is not a Taffy dragon but a Saxon (Wessex) Wyvern (possibly?) and H looks like the Sussex Yacht Club burgee with an anchor in the hoist, so may be the club Captain or Admiral or whatever they call themselves?..:D

glashen

Visit site
The Spit had a 4 bladed prop

The Mk I to V had 3 bladed props, I was sure the Airfix model MkI I made 45 years ago had a 3 bladed prop, it wasn't until the Mk VI that a four bladed prop was introduced. (although that information comes from the web, so if you know better we can really go off topic)

sailorman

Visit site
The Mk I to V had 3 bladed props, I was sure the Airfix model MkI I made 45 years ago had a 3 bladed prop, it wasn't until the Mk VI that a four bladed prop was introduced. (although that information comes from the web, so if you know better we can really go off topic)

see my signature :encouragement: from Champion Jack Dupree`s song

Danbury

Visit site

Did you cut all the pieces out correctly ? Maybe you left a small part behind on the bit you throw away ? Do you remember if your 3 blades were evenly spaced ?

davidaprice

Visit site
G is definitely an "onwer's pennant" from a Finnish boating club, used mostly nowadays on speedboats or to show membership in a second club, the first club being indicated by the emblem defacing the ensign.

There doesn't seem to be a list of Finnish boat club emblems on the web, but there is one in the Finnish Yachting Association's yearbook, I can check at our clubhouse in a day or two.