Can anybody help identify this boat?

mugball

Visit site
Hi all, I am doing a bit of desktop research from afar and trying to identify a boat that owner does not know model of, he says it is 20 ft, but for a start it looks bigger than that I think, pics below, any pointers much appreciated, thanks!

451552718_521700176949910_1484822129146533390_n.jpg 451459314_853111770071307_7874536026367349933_n.jpg

jwilson

Visit site
Not a Trident 24, the gunwale and coachroof detailing all wrong. Similarly not a Halcyon 23 or Kingfisher 22. Bit of a puzzle.. Better photos would help

mugball

Visit site
Thanks all. No doubt better photos would help, I will see if I can get some, but it's not exactly sale of the century by a motivated owner!

In any case looks like the rudder is missing so it might all be more trouble than it is worth.

From a brief google I think Halycon 23 looks like quite a good shout.

chriss999

sailing-chinee.com
At nil price it’s likely to be over-priced unless it comes with usable sail, engine, mast, rigging, boom etc. Doing up old boats can be great fun but unlikely to be economic.
I took on a little boat - similar but better nick than this. Bought it for £2k, spent £4k and lots of time, sailed it for 5 years and sold it for £2.5k. 😁
I only got that for it because as a junk-rigger it was a rarity.

mugball

Visit site
Not sure about the bits, hence my concern about the rudder, I guess there is a decent chance all has been dismantled, and thrown onboard. I am hoping to get a few photos of inside later this week

oldharry

Visit site
Mast, boom, sails, rigging, engine? If its not there you are looking at a good deal more than the value of a good Halcyon, and thats before you start refitting. Its sitting on a trailer. If thats rusted out you have the cost of lifting and moving it unless you can take it over where it stands. Theres many good ££££ reasons why its free.....

mugball

Visit site
My interest in it is I am looking for something to test an electric motor set up. The engine, mast, boom, sails, rigging etc are of little concern. The rudder is important though!

This is about two miles from my house where I have space to store and work on it, though I'm in Spain at the minute, hence my query on type of boat on here. If the trailer looks like it will hold together for two miles then this could potentially be of interest.

Boathook

Visit site
I read somewhere or other that a person purchased a boat and trailer and then got rid of the boat as all he wanted was the trailer.
Not to sure what he did with the boat, but either cut it up or gave it away.

Mark-1

Visit site
I read somewhere or other that a person purchased a boat and trailer and then got rid of the boat as all he wanted was the trailer.
Not to sure what he did with the boat, but either cut it up or gave it away.

I think that happens a lot. I fear the boats don't get responsibly disposed of. :(