Can anybody help identify this boat?

trapper guy

Visit site
I think that happens a lot. I fear the boats don't get responsibly disposed of. :(
what does responsible disposal even mean?.
even the clean green wonders that are wind turbines get their GRP blades cut up and buried somewhere, as theres nothing else can be done with GRP. and they only last 10 or so years.
all that resin that takes crude to produce, is sure 'clean' and 'low carbon' lol
the forces dump their unusable ordinances out at sea also

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
what does responsible disposal even mean?.
even the clean green wonders that are wind turbines get their GRP blades cut up and buried somewhere, as theres nothing else can be done with GRP. and they only last 10 or so years.

I believe I've read that ground up GRP can be used in making road surface materials, etc.

(Not that I am quibbling with your wider point.)

jwilson

Visit site
Its a Halcyon 23. Heres another, fin keeler though. Its predecessor the Crystal 23 had different shaped windows, and only one in the forecabin, not 2.
View attachment 183705
You could be right about a Halcyon 23, though slightly different to the one I knew. One thing I noticed on the OP's photos was that the propshaft seemed to be hanging out of the stern - has the engine been removed? In any case the various comments about buying a boat that is in full working order are 100% right - and the lower the value of the boat the more that applies. Unless you really, really want a project rather than to go sailing.

Unfortunately, and I speak as someone who has 50+ years ago sailed quite a long way on very small cheap boats, small cruising boats now become almost valueless or an actual liability as soon as anything major is wrong - sails, rig, engine etc. In the 1960s and 1970s a 23-24 foot boat was a proper "family cruiser" and a Nic 32 was a seriously big offshore boat for most people.