Camping Gaz 907 refills

catlotion

Visit site
does anyone know a good source for these please? (preferably near Leeds) - they're pricey at the petrol stations...

also after another cannister but cheapest I've found is £50 empty!

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
Unfortunately impossible to get on the IOM, we used to pick one up from Force4 in Swansea when my wife visited relatives there. F4 Cardiff should sell them. Not near Leeds but neither near IOM ?

ctva

Visit site
Calor / Flo Gas / Mac Gas propane is the way to go. A fraction of the cost and better at low temperatures. Cheap and easy to convert.

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
Calor / Flo Gas / Mac Gas propane is the way to go. A fraction of the cost and better at low temperatures. Cheap and easy to convert.
The problem is (in my case at least) the size of the gas locker. My French boat has a locker designed for the small CG bottle, nothing else will fit.

ctva

Visit site
The problem is (in my case at least) the size of the gas locker. My French boat has a locker designed for the small CG bottle, nothing else will fit.
I have a Jeanneau which had the same. I removed the molded insert and replaced with a GRP lined plywood gas box (It is BSS compliant as well) for two 3.9kg Calor cylinders. Gained a massive amount of locker space as the old CG molding wasted a lot.

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
I have a Jeanneau which had the same. I removed the molded insert and replaced with a GRP lined plywood gas box (It is BSS compliant as well) for two 3.9kg Calor cylinders. Gained a massive amount of locker space as the old CG molding wasted a lot.
Unfortunately not an option with mine. Photo not my boat but same model.

62683395-4AD0-4E0F-B201-CBB6E773F4A0.jpeg

Corribee Boy

Visit site
The cheapest place to get empty, or even partially empty, bottles might be your local council waste transfer station.

The gas bottles are obviously separated out and I've been given them for free - saves them a problem with recycling them I suppose.

MikeCC

www.allGadgets.co.uk
Change to propane.

Buy a large bottle of propane gas (easier to buy than the dinky ones)

Buy a POL to POL hose 500mm POL x S/T Black Hose Assembly (Pigtail) | Gas Equipment Direct

Transfer the gas at about 1/3 of the cost of buying a new cylinder full.. The decanting process is easy and quick.
You can do the same with butane as well with a 21mm clip-on to Camping Gaz hose. Used to be available from BES. Disclaimer - this is not a recommendation for refilling which is usually against the terms of the cylinder agreement.

The cheapest place to get empty, or even partially empty, bottles might be your local council waste transfer station.
I believe the gas bottle firms have arrangements with local authorities to collect them now.

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
I have the French gas locker that only takes 907 bottles as well … I’ve seen these refillable ones advertised. Does anyone know if you can just take one in the boot of your car to a garage to be refilled? I suspect not. But I’m not sure.

Gaslow R67 2.7kg Refillable Cylinder 1 with Level Gauge
I see no reason why not, although mine with reg is roughly 200mm high and the one you linked to is 320mm.