Camping Gas Refills in Croatia

truscott

Visit site
We were looking here on the Liveaboard Link for info on swapping/refilling our Camping Gas bottles here in Croatia with no joy, so I thought that I would post our info.

You can refill your bottles in Luka Polace on Mljet, but only after 1200 as the chap that runs the Gas place (next door to the Boubon Restaurant, which is right next door to Josephs (the first of the laid mooring options on your left as you come into the bay) ) drives a Taxi in the mornings. His Mum & Gran can't lift the bottles, so you'll have to come back when he's there.

You can also refill at Lumbarda. Ask the Marinero at the Marina there to organize it. He is actually quite helpful inspite of the poor service comments left on Navionics. Cost 60 Kuna for a 3Kg bottle and took about 5 minutes with the Gas man coming down to the dinghy to collect and deliver the bottle (we tied our dinghy alongside the sea plane dock. We were anchored in Raciste.).

Anyone got other swap/refill points to share?

Cheers, PT.

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
If you take a look on my bluewatersailorcroatia you will find a couple of other places where you can fill .
When ever we chat to people about Croatia, I alway say , take plenty of gas with you .
Enjoy Croatia, it's a lovely country to cruise .

Last edited:

truscott

Visit site
Cheers Vic. We stupidly gave away a 6Kg bottle over the winter as I didn't want it taking up space. Regretting that now. Enjoying the sailing but finding the constant doubt about whether we will find our destination full of moorings or chargeable, quite a pain. We are finding good free anchorages (using your site as well as GE placemarks from friends etc...) but are often ready to tear up the Imray Pilot we have (2016 edition). Not liking being taken for an easy mark at every bay or restaurant either, although having said that, the last restaurant we went to, Gavuni in Raciste on Korcula, was a delight.

Currently enjoying a beam reach to Scedro.

PT