Buying & staying netherlands

Stevejames90

Visit site
I am from the UK. I am very keen on buying a boat between 17-25ft. We mainly want to have the boat for when we frequently visit. So basically a home from home. We don’t want to sail it unless we learn how. So is there any help or tips I need to know. Documents we need to have when buying. Insurance we need. Rent to keep it sitting somewhere for us. I see there are auctions. I have seen we need to have proof of sale and proof they own the boat etc. hope I can get some kind responses. Also we want to keep it in netherlands anywhere within this beautiful country.

overstag

Visit site
I am from The Netherlands.
No documents required. There is no requirement for any registration of boats in Holland, so most of them aren’t registered. The sale is simply the handover of money and that’s it. I would draw up a contract of some sort and have both parties sign it, but even that is not required.
There should be many boats available in that length, although the quality varies wildly. There are some really nice Dutch boats. Think Friendship or Compromis.
rent for a berth in Holland is very affordable. Especially with a club you should pay less then 1000 euros per year.
Will you be flying in? Somewhere close to Schiphol? Easy connections?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Let's start from the begun,
I guess unless your planning to but an newest boat you be looking at not paying big money for 17/25 foot,
If you buy from a broker , just like the UK they will have a contract and a bill of sale,
If you buying privately insist in a bill of sale, you can print them out from the Internet.
Other documents, ask for prove of vat payment although in 45 years never been asked for it , they can .
On vat keeping it in the EU if your a British resident and its not vat paid and under British registered you have to move the boat out of the EU every 18 months , it only need to be a day as long as you leave.
You will need to register the boat , again if your a British resident you can use the SSR easy and cheap.
Another document you need is an skipper license, most go for an ICC .
As already said mooring are cheaper in the Netherlands especially if you have a club mooring .
And it need to be insured
So there some stuff to think about .