Buses out of Igounemitsa

santelmo

Visit site
I know that this has been covered before and that its a well worn path, but I want some specific info from one that has done this. At the end of August we fly into Corfu then ferry to Iggy to arrive there in the afternoon, then we need to get to Preveza. From what we have found out so far there is a bus that leaves Iggy at 11.30 for Levkas. Does it go through Preveza town or possibly the Aktio side, we could get a taxi from there. Our boat will be in the small yard on the town side (Margarona). I think that we will have to get a hotel in Igounemitsa and travel on the next day.

ostra4

Visit site
Just to give you another option the Athens bus from Corfu goes past Preveza , I'm not 100% it goes through the town but be very surprised if it didn't .As with all these buses and as the Iggy bus only goes 3 times a week it's well worth booking on line , our friends who were Incomming from Athens last week couldn't get early bus as was full .
http://www.allcorfu.com/ou-buses.html
Ring and check times are still correct but they were last year, the Athens bus is right down the page .Get on at Corfu green bus station down near the port as that's for long distance buses .

tonybell

Visit site
We do it every year, flight to corfu, ferry to iggy, then one-way hire car from avis just by the ferry terminal and drop off at preveza. Cost about £60.00. We book car on line and have our own yearly excess insurance. Easy peasy!!!!

AndrewB

Visit site
Just to give you another option the Athens bus from Corfu goes past Preveza , I'm not 100% it goes through the town but be very surprised if it didn't .As with all these buses and as the Iggy bus only goes 3 times a week it's well worth booking on line , our friends who were Incomming from Athens last week couldn't get early bus as was full .
The fast Athens bus doesn't go through Preveza town, but it is possible to ask to be put down just before the tunnel about half a mile outside (or just after the tunnel for the airport and the main yacht yards). I've done this a couple of times.