BT WIFI

Jamesuk

Visit site
Just a heads up if you have a BT broadband account or have friends Who have a BT account, next time you're in the marina or out and about with your YachtSpot or similar look for a BT Wi-Fi hotspot you can easily login with those details and get a decent connection. Perfect for a couple of iPads watching iPlayer.

I use it all the time in the UK and you will be surprised where it pops up. Anywhere from Hotels to Starbucks to the risky Anchorages in Mullion Cove.

Enjoy a summer connected to YBW

Ps downloAd the app for your phone and you can get botified everytime your on BT-WIFI

Last edited:

VicMallows

Visit site
Took you a long time to discover BT Wifi ! ...it has been available for years. As far as I am concerned it is the primary reason for choosing BT as my ISP.

Get an external Wifi adapter (such as an Alfa) and antenna and you will find a signal in most populated locations.

Relax

Visit site
I used BT wifi last year on a cruise round the Irish Sea, the Clyde and the west coast of Scotland and to be honest without it I would have been sunk.

The reception is haphazard and depends on the availability of local wifi hotspots (those near your anchorage/marine/mooring having a BT wifi box) but overall meant that I could remain "connected" and could work (shock, horror, probe) from the boat.

I used a hi-gain wifi antenna and it was very good, apart from predictable problems related to the extension of the USB antenna lead, was very good. A couple of times I did experience tide related poor reception (tide goes out, boat drops, reception disappears) but overall it was a god-send.