Brown Silicone Sealant

SteveIOW

Visit site
I need to reseal my bronze colour perspex hatch to its hinging tufnol frame. My favourite silicon sealant is Geocel Marine Silicone Rubber Sealant but this is only available in white, black and clear. For this job I need brown. Can anyone, with personal experience, recommend a really good brown silicone sealant for marine environment? Please note I am looking for a sealant not an adhesive.

I recently put a bead of brown (non-marine) silicone around the raised edge of the perspex,. I used Evo-Stik All Purpose Silicone (Interior & Exterior). This was not a great success. Although it stayed attached to the tufnol it came away from the perspex even though I had thoroughly cleaned it and treated it with acetone beforehand.

Tranona

Visit site
Arbomast Butyl is only available in grey. However Arbokol Polysulphide is available in brown. Polysulphide and suitable for the job.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I thought Sikaflex EBT+ was a flexible adhesive. If I needed to replace the perspex at a later date because of, say, crazing would I be easily able to get the old perspex off the tufnol frame?
Yes. It is a myth that Sikaflex PU adhesives are impossible to remove. I use either Sikaflex 291 or Puraflex 40 for all sealing jobs aboard and have little difficulty removing them when needed.

If silicone has been used in the past you will need to carefully remove every trace of it before using another type.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I have used sikaflex 11FC which is available in brown I used it to seal Iroko wood frames that match the clout of the wood once oiled

As Vyv says if you use another sealant other then silicone you must remove all the existing silicone sealant completely