Brokers fee on small boat am I reading this right

Ceirwan

Visit site
I really don't think you can expect a broker to clean the boat!

Maybe that's a bit much, but as the quality of the photo's and boats reflects on the brokerage itself, then maybe they should make it a condition for listing that the owner makes at least a perfunctory effort.

When I see a rubbish 3 line description and a bunch of low resolution photos along with a 'call for more details' I honestly wonder what exactly the brokerage is being paid for.
Anyone can slap up a few pics and copy and paste a description from Wikipedia or the manufacturers website.

doug748

Visit site
" (post#47)....

When you have made a mistake, for whatever reason always better to accept it.

ah:

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

Ceirwan

Visit site

ghostlymoron

Visit site
I can't view your ad on my tablet but some good clear photos as many as possible and an honest description are my best advice. (and a for sale sign of course)

Resolution

Visit site

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Well done you guys who have taken the time and effort to review and comment. The plus side of the forum.

Nowhere near enough information, nowhere near enough photographs. You've just spent a lot of time re-fitting the boat, tell people about it. You need to sell the boat, not just advertise it.

List the LOA, beam etc, then tell buyers about the boat, not just a list of bits. "i bought the boat last year from an elderly sailor who had looked after her very well, but in the past couple of years hadn't been able to keep up with things. I did this and i did that, i fitted a new one of these and fixed that etc etc. Describe the refit process and what you've done with the boat since.

You should have overview pictures and detail pictures. You take an overview picture of the saloon, for instance, and you say "the saloon is blah=de-blah" you then mention that you fitted a new fridge and show a pic of the fridge, you say she has a cooker and show a pic of it. People will want to see the new fridge, but they'll also want to see an overview to put everything in perspective. How annoying is it when you see a BoatShed advert with 200 pictures of cleats, nuts and bolts, the cooker up close, the bog up close etc, but no decent overview pics, so you can't get an overview of how it all fits together.

My last boat ad was 1600 words and 35 photos, the buyer drove 460 miles to see her. Previous one was a similar and and the buyer, who was 400 miles away, bought and paid for the boat without seeing it ! It's no good just placing an ad, you have to sell the boat. There are thousands of boats for sale, why should anyone travel to look at yours ? Give them some reasons.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
To add, ditch the line about the trailer, no point adding negative comments about what it doesn't have.

Your main pictures are ok. The dinette pic is terrible, what's with the mess under the table ? Is this an indication of the quality of "a complete overhaul in 2015" ? You need to get that wood varnished and do something with the messy GRP, even if it's a coat of Dulux. The sounder pic needs rotating. The next to last pic just highlights the piece of missing wood, do you not have the piece of wood ?

Might sound a bit harsh, but as a buyer they would be my thoughts. Nothing there would tempt me into a long journey to view, if i can see a bunch of faults in a few pics i'd be concerned about what the rest of the boat looked like :(

thesaintlyone

Visit site
To add, ditch the line about the trailer, no point adding negative comments about what it doesn't have.

Your main pictures are ok. The dinette pic is terrible, what's with the mess under the table ? Is this an indication of the quality of "a complete overhaul in 2015" ? You need to get that wood varnished and do something with the messy GRP, even if it's a coat of Dulux. The sounder pic needs rotating. The next to last pic just highlights the piece of missing wood, do you not have the piece of wood ?

Might sound a bit harsh, but as a buyer they would be my thoughts. Nothing there would tempt me into a long journey to view, if i can see a bunch of faults in a few pics i'd be concerned about what the rest of the boat looked like :(

Fair points across the board the floor is grp took the old liner up need to put something Down and then sort the other bits

And get writing

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Fair points across the board the floor is grp took the old liner up need to put something Down and then sort the other bits

And get writing

Think about what i said earlier, get a free webpage and put a monster ad on it with lots of good pics. Then put ads everywhere you can think of, with links to your webpage. It works.