Brittany Ports of Entry

Jonny A

Visit site
Hi, does anyone have a list of the ports of entry in Brittany for this year? I can see references online to some smaller ports being granted temporary PPF status last year, but no confirmation for this year. Thanks.

Frogmogman

Visit site
I understand from the capitainerie in Saint Quay-Portrieux that their facility and that of Saint Cast for simplified check in check out starts again from 1 June and runs to 30 September, as per last year. This concurs with the info on Doug’s helpful link.

st599

Visit site
With the caveat, that if you use one of the regional non-Official Port of Entry ports, you need to exit using a port using the same scheme. It can't be used for entering Schengen and heading further afield.

doug748

Visit site
Why have they left out Roscoff?

Is this a complete list?

Yes, It's a great improvement though I agree there could do with some additions which may be in the pipeline? L'aberwrach for example. Also it's hard to see many people sailing direct to Plouer-sur-Rance or Arcachon, but no matter

Roscoff and other ports of entry are left off probably because they are already covered due to having customs facilities. You can use one system or the other.

I see Digimap have now updated their website to include the new info.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Yes, It's a great improvement though I agree there could do with some additions which may be in the pipeline? L'aberwrach for example. Also it's hard to see many people sailing direct to Plouer-sur-Rance or Arcachon, but no matter

Roscoff and other ports of entry are left off probably because they are already covered due to having customs facilities. You can use one system or the other.

I see Digimap have now updated their website to include the new info.

As my professor would say a p!$$ poor title for this bit of work, as it only lists some of the ports of entry. I understood the OP wanted a list of ALL ports of entry.

Being Plymouth based Roscoff is the natural port of entry for me and I like the place.

bobgarrett

Visit site
Why have they left out Roscoff?

Is this a complete list?
It is a list of the ports which come under the new protocol which will permit that port to receive boats from outside of the EU checking in via an emailed form.
Roscoff is not in the list because it will only accept check in physically - which is easy there because the office is very close to the marina.
Boulogne is an "outlier", despite being an official port of entry it has no office to administer this. Arrivals are advised by the marina to get the train to Calais so an emailed check in would have been invaluable.

st599

Visit site
Will be more interesting to see what happens next year as EES will probably end these special arrangements.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
It is a list of the ports which come under the new protocol which will permit that port to receive boats from outside of the EU checking in via an emailed form.
Roscoff is not in the list because it will only accept check in physically - which is easy there because the office is very close to the marina.
Boulogne is an "outlier", despite being an official port of entry it has no office to administer this. Arrivals are advised by the marina to get the train to Calais so an emailed check in would have been invaluable.
I would expect the CA to provide a definitive list for its membership.
Not one that only provides one subcategory. The full list, in my humble opinion, far more useful.

I spotted that they don't display their position correctly on their web page, but I am a bit of a pendant when it comes to things like that. It is 003° 00.00' N not 3° 00.00N' grrrrrrrrr

bobgarrett

Visit site
I would expect the CA to provide a definitive list for its membership.
Not one that only provides one subcategory. The full list, in my humble opinion, far more useful.

I spotted that they don't display their position correctly on their web page, but I am a bit of a pendant when it comes to things like that. It is 003° 00.00' N not 3° 00.00N' grrrrrrrrr
The full list of ports, both PPFs and those within the new protocol, is available to CA members along with advice and when they are available links to the forms. It is both here (which is only for the Channel but other CA Sections have different pages) and in the CAptain's Mate App. This page is also linked to from the public news page.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
The full list of ports, both PPFs and those within the new protocol, is available to CA members along with advice and when they are available links to the forms. It is both here (which is only for the Channel but other CA Sections have different pages) and in the CAptain's Mate App. This page is also linked to from the public news page.
Good to see they do have a full list for their membership.

As I'm not a member, I will trust open source materials.

Visit site
With the caveat, that if you use one of the regional non-Official Port of Entry ports, you need to exit using a port using the same scheme. It can't be used for entering Schengen and heading further afield.
So does that mean if we enter France at Cherbourg (a PAF port), we have to exit from another PAF port and can't have (for example) St Cast as our final port in France?
Also, how do we deal with an itinerary that hops from Cherbourg to Guernsey and then to Brittany? Do we have to check out from Cherbourg and then check in again in Brittany (lezardrieux for example)?