Bristol Channel Bar Opening nights

graham

Visit site
I do a lot of overnight cruises to wherever the wind blows me around the channel.It amazes me the number of times I get told that its a pity you werent here last nioght as it was club bar night yesterday.

Ill Start the ball rolling with a few ,Barry YC Monday nights.Rumney River Friday night,Cardiff Bay(oldPMC)every night during the summer(Ithink)

Weston Bay Clubhouse next to the river axe these days Fridays.

With a bit more input perhaps a 7 day bar to bar cruise could be organised.

I have enjoyed visiting Burnham yYC in the past but cant remember what night.Probably the most friendly and helpful club in the channel.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jeanne

Visit site
Portishead Cruising Club (at Pill on the R Avon) Wednesday night is club night. Bar also open weekend lunchtimes.

Portishead Cruisiing Club Dock Rally Friday 13th June to Sunday 15th June at Portishead Marina - Bar open all weekend.........also plenty of food and live music plus other great events

<hr width=100% size=1>

graham

Visit site
We cant do the docks rally unfortunately due to work comitments but hope to do the Watchet carnival weekend which is 26 July.

The last time I went into Watchet was before the Marina was built.The Harbour master kindl;y let us raft up on his launch .The boats dried out while we were up the pub but about 6 foot out in the mud away from the ladder.

An ingenious drunken solution got us back aboard using a plank and much laughter.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Birdseye

Visit site
be careful the first time with the entrance to watchet marina. the design of the harbour means a cross current across the marina entrance at first opening, which allegedly has caused some vessels to hit the harbour wall. probably because they werent expecting it. best advice seems to be to enter near hw

anybody else got any comments on this?

how do i book in for the docks rally?

<hr width=100% size=1>