Bring out your boats

chinita

Visit site
This isn't fair, you've all got nice pic's of yours afloat, best I can do is this one on the way to launch after refit :cool:

921b3191.jpg

Aahh, bless. :)

pmagowan

sites.google.com
This is my 'classic' boat just after restoration in our shed and then again with sails up for the first time. She sits a bit low in the stern when the cellar is fully stocked!
file011792.jpg
file074059.jpg

yahoo.co.uk
Trying to put pic of Naida on but seems like my pics are more than the allocation of 25kb or whatever it is, anybody know how to compress 1.25mb down to a size that fits here? How come we have to learn all this stuff at our age?
In the meantime the little pic top left will have to do, she is a Pinky Ketch 35 feet 10.5 tonnes built by me over 12 years and contains 95% trees from within a mile of where I live many of them blown down in 1987 and 1990 hurricanes. Unique and gorgeous.

pmagowan

sites.google.com
Trying to put pic of Naida on but seems like my pics are more than the allocation of 25kb or whatever it is, anybody know how to compress 1.25mb down to a size that fits here? How come we have to learn all this stuff at our age?
In the meantime the little pic top left will have to do, she is a Pinky Ketch 35 feet 10.5 tonnes built by me over 12 years and contains 95% trees from within a mile of where I live many of them blown down in 1987 and 1990 hurricanes. Unique and gorgeous.

I own a mac but it should all be very similar. click on your photo in whatever software you have, then click file, export and then select jpg. It should give you an option for file quality, small or med will do. I export to desktop and then use this to upload. Might be better ways but that is how I do it.

pmagowan

sites.google.com
Lovely. Another Holman design?
Very close, almost identical stats but it is a Honey Bee designed by A. K. Balfour for a joint Clyde Cruising club, Glasgow Herald competition to design a boat for a family of four for cruising the West coast of Scotland. Made in 1961. I like your Twister and we probably wouldn't notice much difference if we were alongside.

Last edited:

Sniper

Visit site
Very close, almost identical stats but it is a Honey Bee designed by A. K. Balfour for a joint Clyde Cruising club, Glasgow Herald competition to design a boat for a family of four for cruising the West coast of Scotland. Made in 1961. I like your Twister and we probably wouldn't notice much difference if we were alongside.

Very true. There is a 'Honeybee' which sails regularly on the Orwell and she, too, is beautifully kept. From a distance I often mistake her for a Twister.

ianc1200

Visit site
PF5Apr2014002.jpg

Smacks Boat "Pudding Faces". New about the beginning of April, 12' GRP hull with lots of wood trim, balanced lug.

Several years ago on the old YBW Classic Boat forum I asked the question who makes them, contact details etc, and as a result of that thread PF was recently built by Brian Kennel.

http://www.briankennellboatbuilders.co.uk/

Apologies to anybody who has seen me sailing PF from Tichmarsh Marina, Walton on the Naze in the last few weeks, I always manage to make a complete mess up of getting sail up & getting under way. Each time I think I've cracked it, I make yet another mistake.