Bradwell catering - good news

tillergirl

Visit site
ex-Gladys and I are talking about going across for fuel on Thursday. Perhaps we should sample it - providing one of us brings some cash this time. Last time we didn't and they didn't take cards so we couldn't.

Dee Bee

Visit site
It was open last Tuesday when we were there. They seem to have put a load of chairs and tables into that blue chalet next to it which I don't remember before so usable probably in wet weather too.

Cantata

Visit site
It was open last Tuesday when we were there. They seem to have put a load of chairs and tables into that blue chalet next to it which I don't remember before so usable probably in wet weather too.
I don't think that's new, I'm sure we sat in there last August and had coffee and nibbles. Whatever, I do welcome the place as an alternative to the main eatery down the other end.

tillergirl

Visit site
Last year's people closed down.

That blue chalet was, once upon a time, a very useful chandlery! And once upon an earlier time, there used to be a post office and store just round the corner from the road with the pub. Oh! halycon days. And a Stuart Turner...... Those we the days 🥳

Plum

Visit site

tillergirl

Visit site
Well that's helpful. I was just wonderng how one uses bank machines nowadays! With a bit of luck, Bradwell will tip us off the fuel berth afore I have time to buy Glads one!

Daydream believer

Visit site
Ah, yes. Once upon a Stuart Turner day I did walk the 20 minutes for a bus!
You would not have had much luck walking for a bus on friday. Seems that there were not any.
I ended up giving a chap a lift to the station at Southminster. Interesting bloke. Seems he raced across the Atlantic in a Hunter. Basically a 19 ft Squib with a lid.
Bearing mind that one of our club members sank his Squib in the Blackwater off Stone in a squall whilst flying the spinnaker one day, I think that sailing across the Atlantic has to be pretty scarry. Lid or no lid. Mine nearly followed it, to the bottom, but the spinnaker sheet slipped through the cleat & the boat came up before too much water came aboard.
I did actually manage to sink a Squib once. Not my one though. :rolleyes:

Daydream believer

Visit site
The bus now comes to Bradwell Waterside. I have used to and fro to Burnham where I prefer to lift out in the summer. Much cheaper.
Go to shotley & they will normally throw in a night's free berth so you do not have to go home. That is handy if it is just for a jet wash to clean off the Coppercoat.
Actually Burnham has done it for me when I chatted the HM up.