bow locker for dinghy

superboots

Visit site
Want a strong bow locker for the dinghy to act as storage and a step/seat, Dinghy is Ribeye 270 HS so aluminium bottom. Have not seen any ready made products for this size dinghy - (zodiac made one for a 5c m rib) But don't fancy making one from scratch . One off GRP would be too expensive -would water tank technology (polypropylene) work . If I am having to make it myself I thought of using aluminium composite panel but it would need reinforcing. Thoughts....

ylop

Visit site
I’ve done some work with HDPE tanks before (I imagine PP will be similar). A tank which is strong enough to sit/stand on may be heavier than you think. It will also be VERY slippy as a step.

I can’t quite imagine the size you are trying to make but wonder if there is a pelicase (or one of the many clones) that would fit the purpose of you can find a way to secure it to the boat? If you did want something from HDPE then spacecase might be worth a look as more aesthetic that water tanks, have hinges, ridges for strength etc. if you need something wedge shaped then unless you are lucky you may need to DIY.