Bournemouth air festival

lisilou

Visit site
Fancy giving it a go on the saturday for the air show, just depends how busy the waters are and how far round we'd have to go to get a decent view. Never been before.

U4

Visit site
Fancy giving it a go on the saturday for the air show, just depends how busy the waters are and how far round we'd have to go to get a decent view. Never been before.

If the weather is good, for me it's one on the highlights of the year!! One of those days where you feel very, very chuffed to have a boat!

Basically if you aim for the middle of Bournemouth and Boscombe piers you will see a big war ship anchored as well as an orange banner strapped to the hillside above the beach (this is where all the planes focus their displays as it is where the hospitality tents are located). There is also about a 100 yard or so no anchor zone from the beach for saftey reasons although its easy to spot as it.

Drop the anchor and enjoy!!

Here are some pictures of a previous year!

Copy2ofPicture692.jpg

Picture445.jpg

Picture439.jpg

Picture442.jpg

Picture444.jpg

Picture454.jpg

Picture484.jpg

Picture462.jpg

Hope to see you out there :)

lisilou

Visit site
C'mon David, own up. They're not real are they;....they are little tiny models hanging from your bedroom ceiling aren't they! :):)

Scubadoo

Visit site
Yep planning to be there, just watching the weather to see which is the best day. Last year it was cancelled because of poor weather, but 2009 was just so enjoyable.

Anyone have a list of the flying times? don't fancy paying £7 for one as seen advertises on the Bournmouth website.

Scubadoo

Visit site
we have a boat recquistion order in place for the weekend as the whole family wants to go....limited seats available so they will be drawing lots!!!

i know my seat is safe:D

Having a similar problem, too many people want to come, so if the weather is good, it will be several trips over the weekend and maybe Thurs/Fri too.

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
Haven't decided whether to take the 200 yard walk to the sea-front or just sit in the garden yet. My flat's in at least one of those photo's. :):):)