Booze

Boatman

Visit site
Now that most of you are not on the water, what did you do with all the booze that was on the boat?

Drink it
Leave it there for next year
Take it home for Christmas
Or have a great big party to finish the season

paulineb

Visit site
We're on the boat every weekend, so there's no need to worry about it. Plus, if we ever run out I just pop round to Chrispy's boat the start drinking his supply - just wish he'd sort out the ice situation !

Pxx

adarcy

Visit site
Re: No Booze, all gone HOME??

Not so at all.

IMNSHO, to take all booze off the boat would mean I'd have to visit a "dry" boat to check on it during the winter!
How would I know it really was my boat and not another in some parallel universe, it would certainly feel strange visiting wheat I thought was my boat and not being able to check that I'd bought some reasonable stuff and it was still in good condition and might even be shared etc etc.
Tell me oldgit, do you not check on your boat through the winter or do you actually carry out the scenario I have drawn?

Anthony

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Well mines got umpteen cans of Boddy's on board, along with other cans that I cant stand, been there for about nine months.
But on the other hand, also large bottle of whiskey for emergencies. or when the pub's shut.

Haydn

longjohnsilver

Visit site
As a few people know I have done all 3 of your potential solutions, none of them work, still plenty left over.

Still can only keep on trying, but keep on uncovering extra cases in the bilge. Have to drink em before the cans go rusty.

coliholic

Visit site
Still trying to get there to help Lognjohn. Just 3 more locks to go and we'll be on the open sea..

Sorry for the delay, we were held up by the delights of the River Wissey

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Thanks Colin I just knew you were the reliable sort, never let a chap down in his hour of need,
as for all the others.................couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!!!!!

ChrisP

Visit site
Re: Trim the boat

It has been mentioned that carrying less than 50 bottles of beer per male crew member per day, could have a marked effect on the performance of the boat. Would loosing willing crew members be worth the extra speed ?

BarryD

Visit site
A boat without booze - how horrifying. MVII is still awash with cans of Cafferreys 4.2% stuff (very nice it is too). She's a bit low on storage space so there is only a further couple of litres of rocket fuel secreted around.

I've dumped a bag marked "shoes, casual - black 12 pairs) which SWMBO said was important - only another six of those bags to go and I might find the flare pack...

Compliments of the season

Barry