Boat Printer

jdc

Visit site
A printer is the least of it! We also clutter our lives with diving and climbing gear, engine spares, welding equipment, good toolbox, etc. in all costing about 100x the printer.

greeny

Visit site
What a load of rubbish. I've had lots of makes over the years and HP have proved to be the most reliable. Other makes print heads or ink tubes have dried up and had to bin the printers. Never any HP scams, just buy the printer and use aftermarket cartridges if needing to save money.
I've been using HP for several years and up to recently would agree with you. But the last few times I've tried aftermarket cartridges they've almost always failed to work and refilling the old ones has for some reason become hit and miss at best. I think they've messed with the cartridge chip firmware to mess up the printer firmware some how. Currently i have 3 HP's on the go, 2 in Portugal and 1 in UK. All suffering the same issues. Printer ink has to be one of the biggest rip-offs known to man. Followed by razor blades.

laika

Visit site
What happened to planning a little in advance, and using the services of an internet cafe, etc...

Are "Internet Cafes" still A Thing? Last time I used one the good ones had isdn connectivity...

Do they let you plug their printers into your laptop or does this mechanism rely on you putting your email password into a public computer?

colind3782

Visit site
I had an HP portable printer for a while but never really used it, even when I was running a business from the boat. I eventually donated it to a charity shop. I have found that there a many places to get a document printed on the rare occasion it's required and, in our case, the marina office are very accommodating. One thing they do insist on is that we email the document to them as their system will not allow an unapproved USB stick.

GHA

Visit site
Are "Internet Cafes" still A Thing? Last time I used one the good ones had isdn connectivity...
Last one I can remember was next door to Blockbuster..
Copy shops everywhere though, used to be that's where we'd try to find charts for the next cruising area, wonder if that still happens now that sasplanet exists. ?

Those 'print nights' on the boat with a printer to get a handful a paper harbour charts for the next leg printed out are probably a thing of the past as well.