Boat polishing...

kashurst

Visit site
It's been a while since I paid for a wash and polish. Got a quote today to wash and polish from the rubbing strake up. So all the superstructure. 650euros plus VAT. Am. I out of touch (tight) or am I having my leg lifted? Bear in mind this is Spain not UK or south of France.

maby

Visit site
It's been a while since I paid for a wash and polish. Got a quote today to wash and polish from the rubbing strake up. So all the superstructure. 650euros plus VAT. Am. I out of touch (tight) or am I having my leg lifted? Bear in mind this is Spain not UK or south of France.

How big's the boat? We're currently berthed next-door but five to a 57m mobo - 650 euros would be a bargain!

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
£10 per foot is about the norm for a hull here Kevin, so I'd say that's not far off.

Spi D

Visit site
For comparison a friend just had a Flipper 700 washed, polished and waxed all over. Was a bit dull.

EUR 500 - in Sweden.

Plus EUR 150 for 1x antifoul.

All incl. VAT.

scubaman

Visit site
Just paid €500 (incl. vat) to have the sides done (everything down from and including gunwales).

I also spent approx 25 hours doing the superstructure and transom (polish and wax, so to coats) so your quote sounds reasonable to me.

My boat is 43 feet.

kashurst

Visit site
Thanks for the replies - interesting to see the estimates. I phoned around a few more local companies. A more Spanish style price seems to be @ 500 euros, so 10 euros a foot.

Last edited: