Boat in build pics (Squadron 78)

titanic

Visit site
Just got back from LIBS after a very pleasant day. As everybody else has said Match is stunning. The engine room just completely blew me away! Pleasure to meet you JFM and I wish you much pleasure on your incredible new boat:)

I also fell in love with the Targa 58 but that's another story!

jfm

Visit site
You on board Match this weekend at all JFM?

Yup, both days. Drop by and have a look if you're around. I'll try to give you a tour but I apol in advance if i can't give you undivided attention; I've promised to see quite a lot of people on both sunday and saturday and it has been pretty hectic so far!

I'm also there tomorrow afternoon showing a potential customer around

I had a nice afternoon at LIBS today meeting briefly several forum members. Again sorry folks that it was a bit rushed at times. Great to meet Mr and Mrs BartW, titanic, and thank you loads to Mr+Mrs David_of_Essex for your very kind card and good wishes; much appreciated, and I'm glad you were able to get a good look at the boat

Mr Googler

Visit site
I'm also there tomorrow afternoon showing a potential customer around

So how many sales do you need before Fairline refund you for Match!!!

Any insights into being a boatshow sales executive for us? (that you can share on here anyway) :)

sunquest

Visit site
Well we were on board around 2.00pm yesterday and Ian from Fairline could not have been more helpful. JFM came aboard with I believe his personal guests and whilst I would have liked to said hello I felt it bad manners to intrude. Fantastic boat, superb design and what a credit to Fairline to allow not only so much personal input from the owner but also allowing the flybridge dash panel to be produced by another boatbuilder. Happy sailing.

EME

www.lumishore.com
Wel, I have to admit the Fairline sales people were on top form but which one was JFM? ;). Very nice to meet the guys from EBY -- a first for me.

Like everyone, really enjoyed my tour around Match ... my overall impressions that it is even nicer 'in the flesh' than the photos, the standard of workmanship ( I confess I went on to the boat in my usual fender-kicking mode looking for snags:rolleyes:) and the amazing amount of bespoke work that has gone on ( having been around a more 'standard' 78 before.

My Loves and Hates (Brave or Stupid?!) on top of what is anyway a brilliant boat and I had not appreciated some of Fairline's standard 'features'..

Loved:-
Number 1 - The Flybridge Helm -- so much there that it would take DAYS of playing and messing to work it all out!.... Heaven!

Number 2 - The Master Suite -- for me the star 'living' feature of the boat. Seeing the total re-design in-the-flesh was a 'Eff Me' moment. Stunning ... Amazing. Much nicer (imo) with the angular look, and the Master Bathroom ( how can you call that a Head?) is straight out of Mayfair! Has to be seen to be believed. Given the Stab space requirements as well I was (almost) dumbstruck

Number 3 -- How the Saloon, Kitchen, Dining (Home Office) area has been conceived and put together. Noone should ever be allowed to walk on those stairs -- and the SS polished twice daily.

Number 4 ---All the hydraulics et al in the engine room --- industrial standard? .. yes if you are fitting out a nuclear power plant ;) -- shame the port engine walkway has to become an over-the-top affair !

Number 5 --- The Side Doors . Loved the 'Recessed Black' look --- makes the access look stylish rather than utilitarian imho.

Number 6 --- The Leather and Leather work ...

HATED -- the fact that JFM had gone to so much trouble to protect our lights by building a stand over them!

A credit to all but I was genuinely amazed at the build standard -- even down to the pull-throughs left in place --- a real credit to Mike Murie and the Fairline team.

tico

Visit site
EME, couldn't agree more..
Loved the 'Stairway to Heaven'... not just utilitarian but also modern sculpture.

Engine room... impressive, can i lick them!

Hated.... couldnt see the famous lights or the stabs

stuartw

Visit site
Strike a light- Match is Matchless

JFM,

Sorry we missed you yesterday, but the Fairline staff were so good, lettings us wander round at our leisure. Stunning boat. A great use of space, lots of lovely touches everywhere. Really, a home from home.
I though the engine room was a dream. However, I was ‘followed’ into it, by a rather portly gentleman, who never made it. He actually could not get through the hatchway, whichever way he tried. I had visions of having to summon somebody with a chainsaw to get him out. Fortunately he saw sense and didn’t persist.

I understand that that you may modify the arm rest on the bench-seat (aft-deck dining), to allow better access to the table. May I suggest, rather than chopping a bit of the arm off, could you not consider a pivoting armrest – like an aircraft seat- So that the look will still be retained.

Anyway, I wish you and your family many happy years of use in ‘Match’

Stuart

jfm

Visit site
JFM,

Sorry we missed you yesterday, but the Fairline staff were so good, lettings us wander round at our leisure. Stunning boat. A great use of space, lots of lovely touches everywhere. Really, a home from home.
I though the engine room was a dream. However, I was ‘followed’ into it, by a rather portly gentleman, who never made it. He actually could not get through the hatchway, whichever way he tried. I had visions of having to summon somebody with a chainsaw to get him out. Fortunately he saw sense and didn’t persist.

I understand that that you may modify the arm rest on the bench-seat (aft-deck dining), to allow better access to the table. May I suggest, rather than chopping a bit of the arm off, could you not consider a pivoting armrest – like an aircraft seat- So that the look will still be retained.

Anyway, I wish you and your family many happy years of use in ‘Match’

Stuart

Stuart thanks. Glad you had a nice tour. Blimey he must have been quite large; probably a good thing he didn't get into the e/room else would have busted stuff!

Thanks for the thoughts on the sofa. Aircraft idea sounds good, but alas I'm past point of no return becuase I've already ordered from Wattsons replacement arm boxes, before xmas, and paid for them. They're almost finished. I want to use the arms for storage of covers so am keeping the box concept ie lift up lid, but having the front corner chopped off 45deg so as to create a gap for your thighs to fit twixt arm and table. Before/after pics are below

2010-12-18Ipswich5-1.jpg

2010-12-18Ipswich4-1.jpg

jfm

Visit site
Scubaman, this forum's maker of atmospheric photos with clever depth of field trickery, took some very nice pics this week which he kindly sent me. Thanks Scubaman. I'm posting them below, becuase they are much better than my amateur snap-happy photos. I reckon Scubaman could make professional boat brochures. Though if you're had enough photos of this boat do look away now :)

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics18.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics19.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics21.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics22.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics23.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics24.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics25.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics28.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics29.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics30.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics31.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics32.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics5.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics7.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics10.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics12.jpg

2011-01-12LIBSKivipics15.jpg

I'm at Libs both days this weekend so 16footphil and others who might be at the show please come and say hello and feel free to look round the boat

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Ok jfm, come clean, it's not really your boat, you are really a FL salesman in disguise. I've checked the co accounts and Mr jfm is listed as one of the directors with rather large benefits in kind so show us your P11D :)

Hopefully see you tomorrow.

BrendanS

Visit site
I'm at Libs both days this weekend so 16footphil and others who might be at the show please come and say hello and feel free to look round the boat
woohoo, I'm hoping to be there. So I'll have a shave and put some clean socks on, and maybe they'll let me get into Excel! ;)

jfm

Visit site
Ok jfm, come clean, it's not really your boat, you are really a FL salesman in disguise. I've checked the co accounts and Mr jfm is listed as one of the directors with rather large benefits in kind so show us your P11D :)

Hopefully see you tomorrow.

Tee hee. Maybe

They told me today that due to low footfall during the week the show organisers have reduced the ticket price via some online channels and have sold 30,000 tickets for this weekend. That's a huge number, so the exhibitors are expecting crowds. Dunno if that's been exaggerated or if it's accurate - I'm just saying what I was told. Fairline might have to screen off the boats at the back including mine, they say, if this crowd materialises. So if anyone on here wants to visit mine and there are barriers, please just find me or text if you have my mobile and I'll get you through

Last edited:

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Hmmm

Tee hee. Maybe

They told me today that due to low footfall during the week the show organisers have reduced the ticket price via some online channels and have sold 30,000 tickets for this weekend. That's a huge number, so the exhibitors are expecting crowds. Dunno if that's been exaggerated or if it's accurate - I'm just saying what I was told. Fairline might have to screen off the boats at the back including mine, they say, if this crowd materialises. So if anyone on here wants to visit mine and there are barriers, please just find me or text if you have my mobile and I'll get you through

Its gone.....

30,000? I only have 180 PBO's left......

Thats a nice figure and if its true I will be a happy man but I cant see it myself..

I reckon Fairline dont want 30,000 fingers running over that over that B&O system....

Thursday was busy and I would be a happy man to see those figures for sat and sun!

Do you fancy selling some MBY from the back deck??? :D

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
30,000? I only have 180 PBO's left......

Thats a nice figure and if its true I will be a happy man but I cant see it myself..

I reckon Fairline dont want 30,000 fingers running over that over that B&O system....

Thursday was busy and I would be a happy man to see those figures for sat and sun!

Do you fancy selling some MBY from the back deck??? :D

Yup, not sure i believe it either :)
Yup, bring mags and helo round to Fairline stand
Please will u edit my mobile number out of your post? :D