BOAT FOLK PLEASE READ

ZBM2

Visit site

Last edited:

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
What you need to do is claim the government money you are intitled to , more so if your cash rich . Go for it . At the end of the day, we all end paying it back in higher taxes long term anyway. When we owe them money to the government they soon on our backs with no forgiveness. And no I am not paying it back, bought a new boat hoist instead.
At least you put some of the cash back into the economy, that’s the idea and why the government offered bounce back loans so that the economy doesn’t go stale .

Durley245

Visit site
At least you put some of the cash back into the economy, that’s the idea and why the government offered bounce back loans so that the economy doesn’t go stale .
Thank you. Exactly Paul. Your on my wavelength. Too many people want failures all the time on here. I only came on here find out who bought Eastlands Boatyard! And you answered by question nice and simple. Thank you.

stelican

Visit site
He’s obviously not going for the international export market then judging by the website? In fact it looks like his target market is a diminishing band of true believers ?
Visited his boatyard.
Take my hat off to him for working hard and providing a UK built introductory / starter cruiser.
Everyone should remember where their boating adventure started.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User YDKXO

Visited his boatyard.
Take my hat off to him for working hard and providing a UK built introductory / starter cruiser.
Everyone should remember where their boating adventure started.

Yes I have to agree and good to see Durley 245 resurrecting the Sealine T50 moulds. Did this come to anything?

One thing I didnt realise was that the Quayline name came out of Quay Marine. Chris Collman of Quay Marine sold me my second ever boat in around 1991, a Sealine 305 called La Cuenta. I have to say that was comfortably the worst boat I've ever owned and it certainly lived up to its name!

Durley245

Visit site
Yes I have to agree and good to see Durley 245 resurrecting the Sealine T50 moulds. Did this come to anything?

One thing I didnt realise was that the Quayline name came out of Quay Marine. Chris Collman of Quay Marine sold me my second ever boat in around 1991, a Sealine 305 called La Cuenta. I have to say that was comfortably the worst boat I've ever owned and it certainly lived up to its name!
Thank you. Before Quayline, I worked for Chris Coleman, hence my link to Sealine / Quayline as an apprentice. I remember that 305, the name rings a bell. Interesting though.

Durley245

Visit site

I just thinking , I remember you was yours a grey banded hull or all white,?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Thank you. Before Quayline, I worked for Chris Coleman, hence my link to Sealine / Quayline as an apprentice. I remember that 305, the name rings a bell. Interesting though.

I thought it was Coleman myself but it says Collman on your website

Our 305 had a grey band. There was a rumour that we only heard after we bought the boat that it was an ex Westerly Sea School boat and that it had been dropped from a hoist during movement. No idea whether thats true. What is certainly true is that on our first trip out on her from Quay Marine's yard, I managed to miscalculate the height under Bursleden bridge and wipe off the radome and the VHF aerials on the under side of the bridge. I think that was an omen!

We kept her for about a year and then traded her in to an outfit in Bedford, who's name escapes me, for a Fairline Turbo 36

stelican

Visit site

Our 305 had a grey band. There was a rumour that we only heard after we bought the boat that it was an ex Westerly Sea School boat and that it had been dropped from a hoist during movement. No idea whether thats true. What is certainly true is that on our first trip out on her from Quay Marine's yard, I managed to miscalculate the height under Bursleden bridge and wipe off the radome and the VHF aerials on the under side of the bridge. I think that was an omen!

We kept her for about a year and then traded her in to an outfit in Bedford, who's name escapes me, for a Fairline Turbo 36
Good old Ken Burrows Harry Kitchener Marine.
M.B.Y did a test on the Sealine 305 just after introduction, You obviously never read it !

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Good old Ken Burrows Harry Kitchener Marine.
M.B.Y did a test on the Sealine 305 just after introduction, You obviously never read it !

Yes youre right but wasnt it Burrells?

I started subscribing to both MBY and MBM around about the same time I bought the 305 so probably I missed the test. Its easy to have a go at the 305 and I'm often the first in the queue to do just that but the fact remains that, because of its price and accommodation, it got a lot of novice boaters like me into offshore boating. Our 305 took us on our first MBM cruise in company to N France and got us safely back after a couple of other(fraught:D) Channel crossings so I can't say our experience was all bad

Durley245

Visit site

Interesting, I remember doing warranty work on it several times, mainly window leaks, and gear change cables , and you came on board once whilst we were on working on it . So we have met before.
And the bridge incident I remember now, with the repairs that needed doing. Yes your right, westerly sea school ex boat , but I don't remember it being dropped in the hoist I have to say. Chris Colleman was quite a character, brilliant at boat sales , he had a terrible temper if things didn't go his way.and shocking , shocking aftersales. He was always in small claims courts, but he took no notice of them, but he made loads of money. Great boss to work for. and Jim his service manger had a temper as well , and they both used to clash all the time. Colleman was always sacking him and took him back on again the next day lol. . Good old days!

stelican

Visit site
Yes youre right but wasnt it Burrells?

I started subscribing to both MBY and MBM around about the same time I bought the 305 so probably I missed the test. Its easy to have a go at the 305 and I'm often the first in the queue to do just that but the fact remains that, because of its price and accommodation, it got a lot of novice boaters like me into offshore boating. Our 305 took us on our first MBM cruise in company to N France and got us safely back after a couple of other(fraught:D) Channel crossings so I can't say our experience was all bad
Yes think your right Burrells and as you say was good value for money.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Chris Colleman was quite a character, brilliant at boat sales , he had a terrible temper if things didn't go his way.and shocking , shocking aftersales.
Yup that sums him up to a tee. He sold me that 305 with a warranty and after a few weeks of various mishaps, I carefully typed out a list of 26 (I remember the number!) faults with the boat in great detail which I presented to him in his Swanwick office. He looked at the piece of paper as if I'd given him a pile of dog poo. As I was walking out of the office I could just see out of the corner of my eye him filing my carefully thought through and laboriously typed sheet of paper into the bin:mad: I remember thinking at the time how on earth does this man run an apparently successful business because there's no way I'd ever buy another boat from him

Durley245

Visit site
Yup that sums him up to a tee. He sold me that 305 with a warranty and after a few weeks of various mishaps, I carefully typed out a list of 26 (I remember the number!) faults with the boat in great detail which I presented to him in his Swanwick office. He looked at the piece of paper as if I'd given him a pile of dog poo. As I was walking out of the office I could just see out of the corner of my eye him filing my carefully thought through and laboriously typed sheet of paper into the bin:mad: I remember thinking at the time how on earth does this man run an apparently successful business because there's no way I'd ever buy another boat from him
Interesting. Don't blame you. But I definitely remember you and your 305. I hope you had plenty of better boating experiences since then.