Boat Chat Forum - Spring charter?

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Would anyone else be interested in chartering something tasty for the day in May? Depending on interest we could try a Predator 63 or a Squadron 62. Likely cost a little less than £200pp including booze and lunch. Probably Poole or the Solent (sorry Northern gits you'll have to organise your own).

G

Re: Northern Gits alternative

Well then ,Easyjet trip to Nice is our only option. We'll have a nice party, and raz around the bay wearing cloth caps and drinking Tetley's. Note to southern pooftahs: PSolent S62 Yazzi is owner-skipper-helm, no wet feet on the flybridge, I hear from a charterer, and very very much against Dungeness Soup syndrome.

G

Re: Dungeness Soup recipe

Marinade 1 steak in a whole bottle of red wine, six or seven pints of lager, and 1/3 bottle of scotch overnight in a large human container, gently rocking and turning over the mixture every hour or so. The following morning, add two rashers of greasy bacon, two sausages, a fried egg, two slice of fried bread and a pint of lukewarm tea. Shake the entire concoction violently for approximately two hours, using a medium-sized plastic boat with a 5-litre petrol engine in a sea turned up to force 4-5. To serve, aim for a headland with confused and noticeably lumpier sea. Dungeness is perfect, hence the name. The completed dish will automatically erupt over the side of the boat with a noisy flourish, and guaranteed shrieks of delight from all your guests. Serves 4-6 seagulls.

G

Re: Dungeness Soup recipe

not for me. We should be afloat late March.

MRC

Visit site
Plenty of predators availble to charter - theres a 63 (indulgance) from poole and a new 68 (high-energy) from port solent. also a couple of manhattens about for charter too (get to look in all those cubards).

spring charter on the solent - make sure its got plenty of heat outlets in the cockpit.

BarryD

Visit site
Re: Boat Chat Forum - Spring charter? Not for me.

Normally I'd jump at the chance - but what would I do if I wanted to buy one? I'm as weak as dishwater for something shiney and new with lots of buttons and lights etc...

Probably safer if I toddle on behind. After all don't want to risk losing my fivver <G>.

G

Re: High Energy

the pink pred, boyztown boat, wooftahs wafter etc...be careful. You can somehow really feel the acceleration through the seat of your pants...and that's without leaving the pontoon.