Blue ensign ?

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Wiki entry gives the general story.

Here's one I prepared earlier /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
ensign.jpg

Defaced with Fleur-de-lis as isignia of Royal Welsh Yacht Club. Can only be flown if warrant holder is aboard, club burgee is at masthead and warrant is available for inspection. Big fines for breaking rules, but many still do not obey them.

itsonlymoney

Visit site
Thanks for that, it was a royal auxilary yacht in that case cos it had an anchor on it. Must have been a training yacht or summat, defo seemed to have newbies onboard and they were doing all that team bonding palava, enetered Rubicon marina tues afternoon and moored up outside "Bar one" a very excellent bar by the way.

Pinnacle

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And this is just to show I also sport the Forum Flag.

[image]
Yarmouth001.jpg
[/image]

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A learner! He gets a proper one after passing the test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should say that, SWMBO calls 'en Tesco Ensigns. They do seem to be indicators of a certain approach/ lack of seaman like behaviour in the Solent area, particularly mobos wearing them, from our own encounters.

Personally, enough men and women from all parts of Britian served and died under the plain Red version in two World and a few "small wars" to make me proud to wear a Red Ensign on the back of our boat, (without tinkering with the Union flag element) and observe correct "Colours".

Pay stopped when the boat was sunk too, as I recollect, from the old blokes I knew as a teenager, drinking in the local pub Sunday lunchtime with Dad?

FAITIRA

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A learner! He gets a proper one after passing the test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should say that, SWMBO calls 'en Tesco Ensigns. They do seem to be indicators of a certain approach/ lack of seaman like behaviour in the Solent area, particularly mobos wearing them, from our own encounters.

Personally, enough men and women from all parts of Britian served and died under the plain Red version in two World and a few "small wars" to make me proud to wear a Red Ensign on the back of our boat, (without tinkering with the Union flag element) and observe correct "Colours".

Pay stopped when the boat was sunk too, as I recollect, from the old blokes I knew as a teenager, drinking in the local pub Sunday lunchtime with Dad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sailed along the Vietnamese coast with a huge Red Ensign painted on the sides, {Ben Line), being buzzed by US jets, no messing with the colours there in case we were incorrectly identified!
I have to admit I went through the my blue period many years ago, before I realised what a load of snobbish bollox it is, (white, blues defaced reds etc). And it is a fact fewer other yachties come over for the craic.
However, I do have some sympathy with the likes of ex RN Flag Officers the RNSA/RAF etc ensigns, there is an element of these warrent holders having earned it.
Take note of how few of any of them however, correctly observe colours, not a lot If you are going to play the game, do it properly please! Bill.