Bit of a temperature drop in SoF

jointventureII

Visit site
Just up the road in Italy, it's dropped by 10°c. Snow in the mountains everywhere, feels quite nice compared to the usual 'monthly heat record broken for the 305th month in a row'

Bouba

Visit site
I had a feeling that hail could come...so I beefed up the defenses of my car....the last time a hailstorm came the stones were like golf balls, even though my car is under a carport, it came down at an angle and dented the nose of my car in a few places...I took it it England where a paintless dent repairer removed all the dents perfectly.
I did see another Tesla after that last hailstorm, it was completely potmarked with large divots over every square inch...it was like it was parked on a driving range....the car must have been a write off...because even though it would have drove perfectly well, the cost of the panel repair would have been prohibitive. Anyhow no storm came last night thank goodness

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
I had a feeling that hail could come...so I beefed up the defenses of my car....the last time a hailstorm came the stones were like golf balls, even though my car is under a carport, it came down at an angle and dented the nose of my car in a few places...I took it it England where a paintless dent repairer removed all the dents perfectly.
I did see another Tesla after that last hailstorm, it was completely potmarked with large divots over every square inch...it was like it was parked on a driving range....the car must have been a write off...because even though it would have drove perfectly well, the cost of the panel repair would have been prohibitive. Anyhow no storm came last night thank goodness
Looks as though the temperatures will be back to normal come the weekend (y)

Bouba

Visit site
Looks as though the temperatures will be back to normal come the weekend (y)
Yes...this kind of thing is normal...every year you hear the same story...an early burst of spring causes all the crops to flower...followed by a cold snap which kills off everything....farmers in one region or the other always complain about their crops are devastated

Alicatt

Visit site
Yup dropped quite a bit last night up here too, -1c last night, we had hail and sleet at dinner time, was quite heavy too.
The day started fine and I had the new flooring laid out on the dock, it was a bit of a scramble to get it all in the boat with the engine hatch out and a gapping hole where you would normally stand :) the rain came down quite heavy and just in time too we got the tent closed and saved the mechanic's tools from getting soaked.
I got soaked checking on the water flow, exhaust, etc. outside, while the mechanic was adjusting things on the engine.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
A friend in Nice reported hail (yesterday or day before?).

I have little sympathy, as we are suffering 3 degrees here in southern Ol' Blighty.

Still shivering after a trip to the doc's on the motorbike this morning. Temp forecast to reach the giddy heights of 8 degrees later today, but only after hours of heavy rain, which seems to have been the norm here for weeks apart from an odd couple of days a while back with mild temperatures and a strange yellow thing in the sky.

vas

Visit site
agree,

w/e temps dropped to below 10, yesterday windy temps in mid teens, today no sun to be seen but wind turned southerly and temp is at a v.odd 28C [in Crete all that btw]
sun to be back tomorrow or the day after and no doubt temps over 30C. Sea not good enough for me though at 18-19C

Meagain

Visit site
We are currently in Nice looking at properties and got caught in the hail storm, it left a carpet of hail on the ground, made the uk feel tropical for a few hours ! Was only 12 degrees today but sun due back out tomorrow and 18 forecast. Pity returning back to uk on Sunday.