Big plans for Wells

RogerMayne

Visit site
Will it work?

Channel Maintenance and Jetty Construction - Scoping Report
Mon 10 Nov 2008
A report into the proposed works in Wells Harbour to support construction and maintenance of the Sheringham Shoal Offshore Windfarm has been published. The report, which has details of the proposals, information about the trial dredging and environmental surveys conducted this Summer and a schedule for the project, can be downloaded using the link below. The report is in Adobe PDF format and can be read or printed provided your computer has the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed.
Scoping Report (20Mb PDF document)
http://www.wellsharbour.co.uk/scopingreport28-10-08.pdf

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Looks good.....

But with the proposed jetty out by the RNLI boat house, will the channel between there and the harbour, which isn't being dredged, scour out enough?, and will they put more facilities in the deeper water areas of the harbour for visiting craft?

I'd love to visit, but can't take to the ground, and at 1.75m would be very very marginal unless I went alongside wall, which is usually occupied by commercial vessels.....

bastonjock

Visit site
mmm very interesting,especially as my mooring is right next to the proposed position where the new jetty will go.If the acess is going to be at Buxtons Bight then the channell will have to scour out at least another 1-2 ft even to allow dinghy acess,it might be an idea to plough out the channel from the HM office all the way to buxtons bight

bastonjock

Visit site
i had a chat with the chandlers at wells,looks like it all starts next year,there will be 24/7 acess with what will most likely end up as visitors berths for Keel boats at Buxtons bight,from there it will either be a dinghy ride to the HM quay or a 5 min walk into town