Big boat spot / Yarmouth

Firefly625

Visit site
Just arrived, just goes to prove, big isn't always beautiful. I should imagine the interior space is massive (does not have side decks)

IMAGE_5061BA6F-80AE-48E0-A77C-234A1F31375D.JPG

benjenbav

Visit site
Just arrived, just goes to prove, big isn't always beautiful. I should imagine the interior space is massive (does not have side decks)

IMAGE_5061BA6F-80AE-48E0-A77C-234A1F31375D.JPG

We were just astern of that when she turned into the harbour and we turned the other way and picked up a mooring. We only stopped for an hour or so but, looking over the harbour wall, the first thing we could see was her upper works. Back home now.

I think you might have a bit of a breeze from the west tomorrow!

Firefly625

Visit site
We were just astern of that when she turned into the harbour and we turned the other way and picked up a mooring. We only stopped for an hour or so but, looking over the harbour wall, the first thing we could see was her upper works. Back home now.

I think you might have a bit of a breeze from the west tomorrow!

Well an easterly f4/5… won't slow us down.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
A Hatteras 80

Lots of internal accommodation including a pair of crew cabins. Lack of side deck makes cleaning an interesting challenge.

Henry :)

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
The Hatteras 80 is a very well build , and good seaboat.
What makes it unpretty to the untrained eye is the enclosed bridge on top which is quite an expensive option. It makes the use of the boat easier for 12 months by 24/7 though!
IMO in this design it is not so bad.

Firefly625

Visit site
A Hatteras 80

Lots of internal accommodation including a pair of crew cabins. Lack of side deck makes cleaning an interesting challenge.

Henry :)

and deploying fenders was a right lash up... as you can see there is about a 30ft gap where none can actually hang. I liked the old Hatteras designs, back in the early 80's a friends Dad had a 55ft Hatteras, which at the time seemed the biggest boat in the world, was kept at Port Hamble for years on the end of C pontoon I think.. was replaced with a custom built 75ft stretched Arun Class built at Camper & Nicholson... mighty impressive. `

burgundyben

Visit site
and deploying fenders was a right lash up... as you can see there is about a 30ft gap where none can actually hang. I liked the old Hatteras designs, back in the early 80's a friends Dad had a 55ft Hatteras, which at the time seemed the biggest boat in the world, was kept at Port Hamble for years on the end of C pontoon I think.. was replaced with a custom built 75ft stretched Arun Class built at Camper & Nicholson... mighty impressive. `

Forbes?

there was a biggish Hatteras at Hamble Point in the 80's, chap lived on board, he drove a bright electric blue Lotus Esprit.