Beta 20 overheating...

jim.howes

Visit site
Hi having just decided to change short hoses on the fresh water side of my sole 17 mini, I found a blockage on the discharge side of the fresh water pump (orrible greeny/yellow goo) which would have prevented the fresh water to circulate causing possible overheating. Have a good look at your freshwater pipework/pump/cooling system not just the raw water side.

Keith 66

Visit site
Update on our Beta 16, Just checked the tube stack & it was about 50% blocked with the anode all but gone.
We launched mid June & have had two day trips & two short 4 day trips, thats it.
Before we launched the tube stack was clean as a whistle with new anode.
I suspect that the raw cooling side water sits in the lower half of the stack when i turn the engine off, Its hot & salty with Bronze end caps & brass tube stack & the zinc anode corrodes like mad plus the salt precipitates out. I will be fitting a flush out valve to the water tank so i can run fresh water through it, also a drain cock. It should not block up this fast! Boat is laying at Benfleet.

Hydrozoan

Visit site
Update on our Beta 16, Just checked the tube stack & it was about 50% blocked with the anode all but gone.
We launched mid June & have had two day trips & two short 4 day trips, thats it.
Before we launched the tube stack was clean as a whistle with new anode.
I suspect that the raw cooling side water sits in the lower half of the stack when i turn the engine off, Its hot & salty with Bronze end caps & brass tube stack & the zinc anode corrodes like mad plus the salt precipitates out. I will be fitting a flush out valve to the water tank so i can run fresh water through it, also a drain cock. It should not block up this fast! Boat is laying at Benfleet.

That is a surprising outcome. It’s hard ‘of-the-cuff’ and without knowing more about your plumbing configuration to disagree with your assessment, but it’s certainly a far, far higher rate of salt blocking and zinc consumption than I would have expected, or have ever (12 years plus) experienced with my Beta.

Pye_End

Visit site
Perhaps not as fast as your description, but mine I believe used anodes faster for first year or two than later on, and also deposits on the end of the h/e in that area. Connected?

Might be worth asking Beta about this.