Beta 20 Alarm

Stemar

Visit site
Yesterday, the alarm on one of my engines started to sound at around half volume, maybe less. It was intermittent at first, but became more or less constant over about an hour. No warning lights on, plenty of water from the exhaust and the engine sounded happy.

Am I right in thinking that it's a fault in the panel (type A)? What's the likelihood of an electronic ignoramus like me being able to fix it?

I see that Betamarine don't give prices for panels on their website, presumably because they don't want to induce heart attacks in unfortunates who need new ones

Rappey

Visit site
I see your panel displays battery, temp, oil and alternator lights . Are any of those flickering, dimly lit or fully lit up when the alarm sounds ?

VicS

Visit site
Possibly, but I would have thought that, as they're on/off, they'd tend to fail fully on or fully off. The alarm works at full volume when the "ignition"' is on, but the engine isn't running.
I would disconnect the sensors one at a time. If a sensor is at fault that will quickly identify it. I don’t think it will be the low oil pressure if it sounds at full volume when the ignition is on without the engine running. Therefore perhaps the overheat warning sensor.
Do you have sail drives with water detection ?