best cruising washing machine in 2016

fuss

Visit site
As time goes on technology improves.
What is the best boat washing machine in 2016. Have there been any advances in efficiency and size for example.
In the old days, the Candy, Eudora and zanussi or a twin tub were the ones to have.
(the twin tub having the advantage that you could reuse the rinse water so the water usage could be tightly controlled and also that it did not need to be plumbed in)

Anyone have this wall mounted Daewoo for example. It Looks good and uses only 24 Liters

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daewoo-El...hing-machine-Mini-Drum-Slim-NEW-/181396355173

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
What is the best boat washing machine in 2016. Have there been any advances in efficiency and size for example.
In the old days, the Candy, Eudora and zanussi or a twin tub were the ones to have.
(the twin tub having the advantage that you could reuse the rinse water so the water usage could be tightly controlled and also that it did not need to be plumbed in)

Anyone have this wall mounted Daewoo for example. It Looks good and uses only 24 Liters

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daewoo-El...hing-machine-Mini-Drum-Slim-NEW-/181396355173

Vaguely remember seeing this in a post last year or perhaps even earlier. I think that the mounting instructions specified that it could only be mounted on a solid concrete or brick wall. I do remember watching an installation video and the guys had to clip the pipework on top of the wall, so obviously not possible to feed them in from behind very easily. I would have expected them to be hidden within the wall on a demo video to make it look as tidy as possible.

I believe that the need to mount on a very solid bulkhead killed it for most boats. Might just be my imagination, perhaps someone else remembers it in more detail. Of course it could be that this is a newer version designed for a stud partition wall.

Last edited:

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Don't use buckets, try those two handled flexible trug things

Exactly what we use and they are very cheap. Sits in locker and holds spare warp when not in use for washing. Very flexible so easy to squeeze past obstructions when lifting out. Also used to catch water from sink when ashore, we plug a hose into the skin-fitting and put it underneath. It only cost 3 euro or less and has more than one use.

I must admit that my wife would love a washing machine if we could find the space. Small enough to fit somewhere on our boat would probably mean it's too small to be of much use.

d4raffy

Visit site

First fit this weekend !
Created a strong layered backboard - acetal/stainless steel/rubber (vibration damper)/acetal - layers epoxied together. Mounted in 316 tubing.
More finishing touches ongoing ....
Runs off my inverter ... First test all good....see how it goes....

IMG_1722.jpg