Best cheap 2x knot racer ... for cruising ?

Judders

Visit site
I didn't mean to delete my post about a JOD.

Probably won't do 20kts too easily but it's a lot of boat for the money.

A lot of Jeanneaus are utter crap but they do know how to make a good single hander.

Boo2

Visit site
Shame the water ballast system has been taken out as that would be ideal for the OP's purposes.
A water ballast system is just two tanks connected by a hose and a valve though, presumably ? Not to hard to refit if so. As a matter of interest, are the contents normall transferred by gravity before tacking, or is it pumped after the tack ?

Boo2

bbg

Visit site
By gravity before tacking. But first make sure you easy the traveler and jib a bit, maybe bear away a few degrees. Then transfer the ballast, then tack.

Keen_Ed

Visit site
A water ballast system is just two tanks connected by a hose and a valve though, presumably ? Not to hard to refit if so. As a matter of interest, are the contents normall transferred by gravity before tacking, or is it pumped after the tack ?

Boo2

Have to be a bit careful about structure. Lot of weight to support. Which is kind of the point.

Boo2

Visit site

TallBuoy

Visit site
Hmmm :

Not really what I'm looking for...

...of all the boats posted the Whitbread 30 looks like the best bet, but as I said, just a daydream at this time.

Thanks to all who replied,

Boo2

You've got me interested in them, too, and I have wasted half the afternoon googling!! I now know that they are not all the same, the one in Plymouth is a South African design and built, and while cheap may not be as competitive.