Best antifoul stripper?

phockit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Interstrip? Not used it because we use blasting but have heard some good reports

[/ QUOTE ]

I used it to strip 5 years worth of anti-foul off our boat earlier this year - apply, leave a few mins, scrape, apply again, leave a few mins, scrape again, wipe down with thinners and nice clean hull /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Does take a while and it's a good idea to have a bucket/box to deposit the scrapings in to otherwise you end up standing/sitting/laying in some really sticky gloop....

Cost me about £200 in Interstrip and thinners to clean up our 25" Maxum (I posted the full details on here a few months back).

Paul

phockit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Orbital sander, P60 discs and a mask.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a guy near me who chose this approach while I was busy with the Interstrip - both approaches took about the same amount of time on similar size/shape boats, just he got real dusty and I got covered in sticky stuff.

You takes your pick /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

P.S. If I was to have to do the same thing again I think I'd pay the extra coupla hundred quid to get it blasted professionally and save all those days it takes to strip manually.

DepSol

Visit site
if you use this approach every year it doesn't take long to take back last years antifoul and you never have to get to the five years worth off. Plus it leaves your hull as smooth as a babys bum and the antifoul sticks well with a good coat that is really easy to put on.

Trust me i have done enough of them to say its easier year in year out using this method.

Dom

Dave_Snelson

www.makeyourowngarments.com
Can't do that coz of the tunnel and strake design of my hull.

like so...
798146702575ab98c3ea38d56fa2ce545bb4edfb02e7f6fdfc801036.jpg